Can we make Bull Kelp removable?

Hello, i was wondering about Bull Kelp and i thik would be great if we had one way of remove Bull Kelp to plant in other places, since we can goo to the moon island and pick sobre Kelps to plant why we can't retrieve them again from water to plant in elsewhere if we want? i don't think this would make Kelp overpowered, we can push them with boats but it's hard to do it and sometimes they go through ground and get stuck but it's just my ideia what you guys think about it?.

Cheers.

You can already dig up bullkelp with the strident trident. you can use the tridents geyser spell to dig up the bull kelp to get bull kelp stalks and plant it anywhere you want.

Spoiler

(Also there is a 0.01% chance or something like that to get bullkelp stalks from the floating debris, but it's so much faster to just use the trident)

On 2/25/2021 at 4:15 PM, DarkPulse91 said:

You can already dig up bullkelp with the strident trident. you can use the tridents geyser spell to dig up the bull kelp to get bull kelp stalks and plant it anywhere you want.

Reveal hidden contents

(Also there is a 0.01% chance or something like that to get bullkelp stalks from the floating debris, but it's so much faster to just use the trident)

Oh i didn't knew that, thanks :). 

On 2/25/2021 at 8:15 PM, DarkPulse91 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wait, are you telling me the strident trident has an actual use?

2 hours ago, Anomen77 said:

Wait, are you telling me the strident trident has an actual use?

Aside from being the second best way to clear rocks

Or a really easy way to bring items close to you

Or get fish very easily and quickly?

Yeah, I guess it does :wilson_sneaky:

7 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Aside from being the second best way to clear rocks

Or a really easy way to bring items close to you

Or get fish very easily and quickly?

Yeah, I guess it does :wilson_sneaky:

By Rocks do you mean Sea Stacks? What is the best way if so? I need to clear a bunch...

19 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Maxwell's shadow clones. They can walk on water

Interesting, they last forever until killed right? So you could swap to Maxwell, summon some miners then head to sea and clear a whole ton of sea stacks right?

I see on the wiki that they reduce your maximum sanity, any idea how this works in regards to Wavey Jones? Unless my NEW maximum goes below a certain level he shouldn't appear right? Or will he appear every night because of my reduced max sanity?

12 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Interesting, they last forever until killed right? So you could swap to Maxwell, summon some miners then head to sea and clear a whole ton of sea stacks right?

I see on the wiki that they reduce your maximum sanity, any idea how this works in regards to Wavey Jones? Unless my NEW maximum goes below a certain level he shouldn't appear right? Or will he appear every night because of my reduced max sanity?

Yes, yes.

I don't know the threshold of wavey Jones, but that's how it would work. When summoned 4 miners, Max will be on verge of insanity, so hands will appear for sure, again, dunno when Jones starts visiting.

23 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Yes, yes.

I don't know the threshold of wavey Jones, but that's how it would work. When summoned 4 miners, Max will be on verge of insanity, so hands will appear for sure, again, dunno when Jones starts visiting.

Eugh that kind of makes the entire endeavour a bit too risky for me I think. Wavey comes at honestly kind of stupid thresholds (he may not come in his most severe state but he still appears at way too high a sanity level in my opinion) so I think you'd have to deal with him almost every night with a lowered max sanity. 

20 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Eugh that kind of makes the entire endeavour a bit too risky for me I think. Wavey comes at honestly kind of stupid thresholds (he may not come in his most severe state but he still appears at way too high a sanity level in my opinion) so I think you'd have to deal with him almost every night with a lowered max sanity. 

What you could do is make a boat with absolutely nothing on it, and use it as a dummy boat while clearing out the seastacks. By using the structureless boat and your choice of portable lighting, you should be able to remove the rocky blockade while sticking it to wavey as they can't do anything to harm you.

On 3/2/2021 at 9:55 PM, GelatinousCube said:

I don't know if this is true or not, and I haven't done many tests with this... BUT

I have found that wavey jones doesnt spawn under yellow amulet (magi) light. 

It was really only one occasion that made me think this, as I was sailing with a group (one of which was insane) and we didn't have any light so I was wearing a yellow amulet, someone then picked up a driftwood and lit the deck illuminator, and I took of the yellow amulet... And a few seconds later, wavey jones spawned.

So that's why I believe that the yellow amulet prevents wavey jones (if anyone can find anything in the code that proves this, that would be awesome, but I have my doubts about this being true)

Archived