[Game Update] - 452873

• Developer

Hello, here's a patch for the live version of Spaced Out! with a crash fix and a fix for mysterious energy creation that's been around since Spaced Out! went into Early Access. Enjoy!

• Updated Chinese, Russian and Korean translations
  • The temperature simulation was not being updated correctly on certain worlds, which resulted in energy created from nothing.
  • Orbital Cargo Module would not deliver cargo correctly to some worlds
  • Prevent base game rocket modules from spawning in Spaced Out. This fixes a crash in some saves where an incorrect module had been added
  • Attempt to "reconnect" rockets on load if any of their modules ever disappear.

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 1

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • The temperature simulation was not being updated correctly on certain worlds, which resulted in energy created from nothing.

Woo hoo!  This totally cooked one of my asteroids this week to the point where I broke down and used Debug to cool it.  Very happy to hear it was root-caused and fixed.

What happened:  Even after I turned off the heat input, steam chambers climbed to >500C.  So not only was I dumping twice as much heat into my cooling loop, my cooling loop stopped cooling because the automation melted.  The entire habitable space on the teleporter-asteroid went from the high-20's to the high-40's fast while I was doing rocket construction on the home asteroid.

Edited by Pyrex042

having seen enuff seeds that had holes to lava or it letting heat through in places that it shouldn't be had made it a problem of needing to test the seed not to see where the gysers were but to make sure there was not an area that had high heat that shouldn't exist

rather hope this fixes that but will not get my hopes up bugs love to show up where least expected

Just what was the issue with the orbital cargo module?  I saw some truly bizarre behavior recently, but I was playing a heavily modded game so I wasn't sure of the cause.  What I was seeing was that the orbital cargo module was dropping the cargo on the first rocket-colonized asteroid when I was trying to colonize the second or third rocket-colonized asteroid. On top of that, it was dropping the cargo well below the surface of the wrong asteroid on occasion.  I kid you not, one time I found one sitting on the bottom neutronium layer, though admittedly in a position where it only had to pass through about 5 floor to get that deep.

1 hour ago, EricS said:

On top of that, it was dropping the cargo well below the surface of the wrong asteroid on occasion.  I kid you not, one time I found one sitting on the bottom neutronium layer, though admittedly in a position where it only had to pass through about 5 floor to get that deep.

That was probably the asteroid above the one you were trying to drop it on, and it spawned the cargo thingie too high.