i was looking for sulfur and i realized: 

07C28FA5EC5E93B352F588F63E4137DCB1DC1C31

ID: SWMP-C-317774292-0

You can also see a carbon dioxide geyser in lava on the same picture.

I also had a big hole in my abyssalite wall between lava and oil biome so the tempereture became very hot (450°c) and i coudn't close the hole before getting the atmo suits which took too long. I don't know if it's intented but it's quite unfair in this case i think.

Well, unlucky? :'(

At the moment I think the smaller maps have created some problems with map gen. They are aware of this and have mentionned it in patch notes. Sometimes there is no visible neutronium at the border of the maps. I also sometimes had abyssalite / neutronium in space, or volcanoes appearing in the sky (from another asteroid).
It will get better with time I'm sure ! But in a new map... Sorry for your base, looks like your aquatuners will have alot of work :wilson_flower:
Hope it helps

1 hour ago, Elin64 said:

I also had a big hole in my abyssalite wall between lava and oil biome so the tempereture became very hot (450°c) and i coudn't close the hole before getting the atmo suits which took too long. I don't know if it's intented but it's quite unfair in this case i think.

Well, unlucky? :'(

On Volcanea, this is standard. There always seems to be a hole in the Abyssalite pretty much directly below you base. I found that plugging it may require dumping in lots of water and plugging it before the water heats up to dupe scalding temperature (72C, I think). Yes, that means inexperienced, slow dupes working underwater.

Yeah... Swamp's start sandstone asteroid gets really unlucky sometimes. Example:

Spoiler

The good thing is that everything melts after some time so no more "damage overheated" notification :D

834520309_unluckysandstone.thumb.png.ff51400dca18b875d5589a93b44a116c.png

Although other... miscalculations are interesting :-D

Spoiler

A radioactive planet... with a view!

1691810036_everythingisfine.thumb.JPG.0ee1533eacfeebb690415fe9a121e25e.JPG

*seed: SNDST-C-239059176-0

Hm, i would call that a challenge ;) At least its not covered in neutronium as far as i can tell. So... Find a way to dig it out, and let the "cool" sulfur cool down the magma ;) then proceed as you see fit. I would dig down on the left siede, to make pool for the excess magma. Then place a mining laser on the same level as the geyser and let it do the work. I guess 10-20 cycles of active sulfur output should cool the area to a level, so you can start digging/building.

Just dont forget to seal the area, or the immense heat will grill your base.

have seen enuff strange things thanks to the maps getting super shrunk thanks to this mess it rather easy to tell the code for the game is not taking it well since as is need to do test seeds just to be sure there is not a hole in the ayssilte for the start world which is normaly not hard to spot since if you see temps that above 120F you need a new seed

11 hours ago, Squeegee said:

I would love it if this was a world gen feature

It actually seems to be one. The radioactive planetoid always has eihter a hole from space half the map deep or just a hole in the backwall above the crashed satelite. My map looks similar to this.

11 hours ago, Squeegee said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A radioactive planet... with a view!

1691810036_everythingisfine.thumb.JPG.0ee1533eacfeebb690415fe9a121e25e.JPG

*seed: SNDST-C-239059176-0

I would love it if this was a world gen feature

I think it is. My last 3 fresh starts have all had this feature. It's always the radioactive planetoid. 

20210223120739_1.thumb.jpg.2c7d94549c162d4f9663e6c842b8cc62.jpg

I have also had the issue of swamp start blending the lava and oil biomes.

20210118150016_1.thumb.jpg.994a8037641c5b176f543baa8a12ce1f.jpg

I sealed it off, cored it, and used two steam turbines to try drawing heat off of it. Two Turbines was not enough. It produced power for hundreds of cycles. You really have to go ham with heat deletion to get it under control and then you'll need a vacuum to move the rock in the ruined lava biome.  

Archived