Any chance for other way to earn Klei Points?

Hi there Klei Team. You think in future there will be any chance for a different way to earn Klei Points but with 3rd party social media? I dont have them and I dont want to really register to there to earn points for Dont Starve Together. It would be awesome if there could be an alternative way, instead of third party websites. I would really love it if it was possible to earn Klei Points on the original Klei Website instead. But unfortunately there is barely any chance to get some points without Facebook, Twitter or Instagram currently, and that's kind of sad.

As far as I know, you don't need to sign up for those. You just press the button to get about 1700 points and that's it. 

It should say "Thanks for signing up! Feel free to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram." And then have a button next to it saying "Claim rewards"

As for getting points, the only way now is through links found in update posts here on the forums. With one or two exceptions like a link they posted on YouTube once.

• Developer
1 hour ago, Miktoas said:

Hi there Klei Team. You think in future there will be any chance for a different way to earn Klei Points but with 3rd party social media? I dont have them and I dont want to really register to there to earn points for Dont Starve Together. It would be awesome if there could be an alternative way, instead of third party websites. I would really love it if it was possible to earn Klei Points on the original Klei Website instead. But unfortunately there is barely any chance to get some points without Facebook, Twitter or Instagram currently, and that's kind of sad.

Th new reward links were specifically created so you didn't need to use those third party services to claim them. Every points link to date has been available on the forums unless I'm misremembering.

Oh I see. Then I misunderstood something maybe. There was an article about something like "Share and Like Stories  released on Instagram by Klei to receive free Spools and Points". So in my mind it looked like: Klei releases lots of Stories on Social Media, or New etc, and people who like and share them can get points. - Thats how it  was in my imagination. Thats why I asked for different ways to get points without social media. I know of the Point links now and then, but do people get points more frequently on social Media?

Or do they only get the points only once when they link their Social media Accounts with Klei? Then whats this info about sharing and liking stories on Instagram to get Points? Since I dont have Insagram Im a bit consued, sorry if I misunderstood something.

2 minutes ago, Miktoas said:

There was an article about something like "Share and Like Stories  released on Instagram by Klei to receive free Spools and Points"

This is my first time hearing about this. I have never heard of points being obtained any other way other than links.

Do you have a source to this "article"?

Well its not an original Article by Klei Itself, but its kind of an article on Steam. here is the link to it. And the following quote is the part that made me think, it was possible to earn Points form shared stories on Instagram:

To get free spools and klei points, you must follow the Kleientertainment Instagram account.
You can get spools and klei points for free from the stories shared by the Kleientertainment Instagram account.

(So basically, that website came up when I googled for "how to earn klei points). I just thought the "Shared Stories on INstagram give Points and Spool" was common knowledge only I did not know of yet, so I took it as given and asked here if there are ways for non-instagram users etc. to earn the same amount of points as instagram users (or other social media users).

Uh, was the site giving false information then?

41 minutes ago, Miktoas said:

Uh, was the site giving false information then?

Well... that was the steam community page. Not a news site. And was posted by a single person. It also only has a 3/5 star rating. So take everything on that with a grain of salt.

And the only example that they gave of "following klei on instagram" was the "justbecause" points link that was posted to all their social media, like on youtube. Its been the only one so far. Every link before and after that one has been here on the forums.

If you want to see all of the links, there is a thread here on the forums where people collect all of the links as they get posted.

Although this conversation is over, I do remember when reward points first came out, you got them by following Klei on Twitter, liking them on Facebook, etc. I believe they started doing the links because using those third party sites were kind of a one-and-done deal. 

I'm assuming that was their reasoning, although the only thing I can truly confirm that you initially got points for using third party sites 

On 2/18/2021 at 4:27 PM, DarkPulse91 said:

This is my first time hearing about this. I have never heard of points being obtained any other way other than links.

Do you have a source to this "article"?

The links are new. For a long time when the rewards page came out there was a finite amount of points you could earn, and none of them were from reward links. They were for, if I remember correctly, linking your Twitch or Chinese Twitch equivalent, following them on Facebook, following them on Twitter, and following them on Instagram.

It seems now they've removed those, or at least I don't see them on the page any more, and now the new links are the only way to get points.

43 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The links are new. For a long time when the rewards page came out there was a finite amount of points you could earn, and none of them were from reward links. They were for, if I remember correctly, linking your Twitch or Chinese Twitch equivalent, following them on Facebook, following them on Twitter, and following them on Instagram.

It seems now they've removed those, or at least I don't see them on the page any more, and now the new links are the only way to get points.

Yeah I was here for all that. But that's when there was basically nothing to redeem. points have been around a lot longer than linking/following accounts has.
There was also subscribing to their youtube and their newsletter.

all of which since been replaced by a "claim rewards" button

My main point about that was the fact that the "article" said that klei posted stories that gave you points, which was my first time hearing about any CURRENT way other than links to get points.

Archived