Base Showcase

I am always looking for inspiration, for things to build, new ideas. This is why i thought to share pictures of my base to inspire others.

My general idea for the look was "Wilderness that feels like Home", love nature.

I have used The Architect Pack Mode as well as Path Light amongst others.

Beefalo Home, Park and Hound Trap are still in progress. All of this is nearby my base. Future projects: Desert base for Summer, Cave base, Swamp Base.

Thank you all for your own pictures and spread of ideas.

Cheers

Invogue

Base1.jpg

Beefalo Home.jpg

Day BeeFarm1.jpg

Hound Trap.jpg

Night BeeFarm1.jpg

Park1.jpg

Park2.jpg

Silk Farm.jpg

Ty for sharing, but there are already 2 other active base design/decorative elements threads:

* a more general, from basic-to-advanced base-concepts topic, centered around practical designs via "legit"/actual game-play: Your favorite base design;

* a particular decorative-oriented thread geared more towards advanced aesthetic designs, centered around beautiful yet mostly spawned-in builds through console commands/Creative game-mode: Decorations, Shrines and Base Designs.

Use them with confidence for what appropriate thematic you consider your posts may fit into so that "duplicate" threads won't accumulate further. And welcome to the forums!

The Architect Pack has furniture and sprinkler. It’s a massive mod with every single item available to craft from classic DS to Hamlet. Plus hidden blue prints for more stuff to craft like Snowman for example in winter. 

However this mod doesn’t have skins. Every skin you see (bee house, pigs house, coockpot and so on is DST shop or twitch stream reward skins. 

I haven't tried that mod yet but I do have to ask, are you perhaps also using a mod with altered colourcubes?  'Cos to me the lighting looks more like Shipwrecked "mild season" than RoG fall.  One time when I used "The Tropical Experience" mod and didn't opt to change the colourcubes, my fall also looked like that.

Either that or your screen is just bluer for some reason.  (shrug) 
I realise the player is also not fully sane in these shots, but to me this still looks like a change in _hue_ not saturation.

Anyway, that's a very pretty base.  It looks like you did on purpose what I tend to do by accident--have random plants in, on, and around the furniture.  : P  Like this:

day500.png.916505bd823683334429b8defe915b08.png

(I use this picture 'cos it's one I know for sure is from that particular base, and I can just search "500" to find it.)

ooeygooeysciencemachine.thumb.png.1e3f72d7cd854ff65e0e8466068382ea.png

...only much prettier and more decorated-looking.  My bases tend to be plop-'em-down-wherever affairs.  The actually _planned_ proper builds I've done were all for the Builder's Project (now archived), and are setpieces rather than liveable bases.  Heh.

(Does it make sense to have crops, berry bushes, grass and twigs growing out of the floor?  No. Do I care?  Apparently also no.)

...Notorious

For me The Architect Pack works without any glitches or stutter. Don't know if its because I have GForce 2080 Graphics card.

Chaotica: T.A.P can change general colour scheme of seasons. You can have it resemble shipwreck or hamlet or classic. 

I was really happy to find this mod made by famous Twitch streamer because in DST you can't do much except express yourself through Base Building. Take it as a form of art or design skills and have fun with it! 

On 2/19/2021 at 8:35 PM, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Btw, for anyone interested in: The Architect Pack.

Its dev mentioned mod is still in development/Beta, and probably that's why wasn't uploaded on DST Steam Workshop.

It's a shame it's not on the workshop. I can't make all my friends download the pack, and I certainly can't make randoms do it. But it's such a nice mod for building.

Archived