Beefalo + Cactus/spiky bush = VALUE

Since non-projectile damage is taken by beefalo, gathering spiky bush/cactus will hurt beefalo instead of player, considering beefalo's auto-hp-regeneration, this is actually free food, and potentionally nail down the demand of Wormwood's exclusive armor.

Although I would like this interaction to stay so beefalo taming process would get more easier in winter but I shall question if this is intentionally designed.

If this interection is changed in future, can we have alternative interaction like we can order beefalo while riding on it to eat *un-pick* cactus/spiky bush or food on the ground by simply right clicking, so the beefalo would take damage itself and getting ornery tendency?

I'm not quite certain what you're asking here. You can simply dismount and feed the beefalo.

If you want easy ornery just build many walls or lureplants and have him smack it allday.

As for the "find" to avoid the spike damage risk, you know armor tanked it long before this update right?

18 minutes ago, Well-met said:

As for the "find" to avoid the spike damage risk, you know armor tanked it long before this update right?

I always hate this wording of "you know (x), right?" It comes across as super rude for no reason. Just tell people things without having to treat it as information they're already supposed to know.

Anyway, wearing armor decreases the damage but it has to be frequently crafted and equipped, and some of the damage still goes to the player. With a beefalo though, all of the damage goes to the beefalo which then heals it back very quickly. This is in addition to all the different places beefalo are helpful like farming, traveling, combat, etc. Even if you don't think it's better than armor, it's a normal and very good thing for there to be multiple options to accomplish the same task in a sandbox game.

Archived