miniboats or/and motorboats

Please

can we get small boats for fast water-exploring? seafaring in its current state is the most boring, frustrating, awful and senseless process in the game and it’s very weird, that for 1.5~ years of its existence nobody did anything to fix that.

That's your view on it. There's no fun in plainly "walking on the sea". How do you exactly picture these small boats? Like the ones in Shipwrecked? I can agree to an extent that boating isn't exactly the most exciting of things, but i'd prefer it over just going WASD like in Shipwrecked. The current model is engaging, one way or another, and actually reminiscent to real sailing (except the boat looking like a cookie). Not to mention the updates are still on their way, perhaps we will get a "faster" way of sailing or an upgrade to already existing seafaring equipment like we had with sails being given lanterns and lightning rods.

6 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

That's your view on it. There's no fun in plainly "walking on the sea". How do you exactly picture these small boats? Like the ones in Shipwrecked? I can agree to an extent that boating isn't exactly the most exciting of things, but i'd prefer it over just going WASD like in Shipwrecked. The current model is engaging, one way or another, and actually reminiscent to real sailing (except the boat looking like a cookie). Not to mention the updates are still on their way, perhaps we will get a "faster" way of sailing or an upgrade to already existing seafaring equipment like we had with sails being given lanterns and lightning rods.

well, perhaps not exactly like in SW, but I think there are some alternative ideas - may be something fast, but almost impossible to turn left/right or smth like this.

and also >real sailing - dude, really? is a possibility to carry 200+ stone walls in your pockets real? or cooking meatballs from spidermeat and ice? this game doesn’t need to be realistic.

I mean, I for one love the current sailing. It takes practice and skill to be able to get around rocks and tight places. And I feel very immersed when sailing with a crew, having someone steer while another handles the sails and anchors and another makes food for everything. Its VERY fun in my opinion.

And the one question I need to ask people when they say sailing is too slow is how many sails are you using?

Half the time when I ask this, the answer is 0-1 normal sails. If you want sailing to be faster, I recommend using 3 sails, or using 2 of the feathered sails. Which are the fastest in the game. So fast that many people say they are "too fast".

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

because there is nothing to fix? with little practise you can be a sailor and enjoy it

spending half an autumn swimming 1 m/p/h through the almost empty ocean need any practice?

15 minutes ago, Dalek said:

well, perhaps not exactly like in SW, but I think there are some alternative ideas - may be something fast, but almost impossible to turn left/right or smth like this.

and also >real sailing - dude, really? is a possibility to carry 200+ stone walls in your pockets real? or cooking meatballs from spidermeat and ice? this game doesn’t need to be realistic.

I admit that the "realism" part of my arguement wasn't the most compelling, but you get what i mean. For now there isn't much you can do about sailing other than waiting for new content or search for mods that enhance/deliver the tweaked experience you'd like to see. Perhaps after the upcoming update there will be another one that focuses solely on boating as a whole, seafaring structures, equipment, upgrades etc. Though unlikely imo.

6 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Try using 2 of the feathered sails.

And make sure the anchor isn't down...

1 - if you have feathered sails, you have definitely explored most of the map.

2 - the whole concept of sails is (for me personally) not something great, especially with the shape of the boat - it just looks and feels like a swimming piece of land. ships and boats are not swimming pieces of land.

3 minutes ago, Dalek said:

the whole concept of sails is (for me personally) not something great, especially with the shape of the boat - it just looks and feels like a swimming piece of land. ships and boats are not swimming pieces of land.

So you aren't using the main mechanic of boats, but then complain that they are too slow because you refuse to use what makes them move?

While yeah we could definitely use some different shapes. But not using sails because of the shape is very odd.

4 minutes ago, Dalek said:

1 - if you have feathered sails, you have definitely explored most of the map.

2 - the whole concept of sails is (for me personally) not something great, especially with the shape of the boat - it just looks and feels like a swimming piece of land. ships and boats are not swimming pieces of land.

then use 3 or 2 sails

you can find malbatross wihout exploring that much, you only need 1 shoal and a fishing rod

1 minute ago, DarkPulse91 said:

So you aren't using the main mechanic of boats, but then complain that they are too slow because you refuse to use what makes them move?

While yeah we could definitely use some different shapes. Not using sails because of the shape is very odd.

man, I use the sails and I have complaints about them and how they work. 

And those complaints being?

That they don't look right?

Or does it have to do with how you get them to work?

the tediousness of controlling the boat using the sails isn’t balanced by the interesting content of the ocean. when you first set sail you have almost zero pointers that can help you find something interesting - the lunar island, because other than that you have only some fish and salt, but the sails make you choose the way you go pretty carefully, and it’s not like wherever you go you can find something to do.

Just now, Dalek said:

the tediousness of controlling the boat using the sails isn’t balanced by the interesting content of the ocean. when you first set sail you have almost zero pointers that can help you find something interesting - the lunar island, because other than that you have only some fish and salt, but the sails make you choose the way you go pretty carefully, and it’s not like wherever you go you can find something to do.

Okay. But what about the sunken treasure? You seem to have forgotten about those. Which can have some rather good loot inside of them like gems, thulicite, pick/axes, walking canes, and more.

And they are the main reason I go sailing, so I can get these treasures and take them back to the people at base.

1 minute ago, Dalek said:

the sea isnt complete so complaining about it is pointless

is tedious controlling it if you dont know how to do it thing that can be solved with few practise

right now sailing is deep making it fun like how farms become more fun because now are more complex

Okay. But what about the sunken treasure? You seem to have forgotten about those. Which can have some rather good loot inside of them like gems, thulicite, pick/axes, walking canes, and more.

And they are the main reason I go sailing, so I can get these treasures and take them back to the people at base.

the ones that contain interesting items need you do find Pearl and get a rare recipe, if I’m not mistaken - it’s not something you can do instantly unless you are VERY lucky. the ones you can fish is mostly trash.

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the sea isnt complete so complaining about it is pointless

is tedious controlling it if you dont know how to do it thing that can be solved with few practise

right now sailing is deep making it fun like how farms become more fun because now are more complex

it came out 1.5 years ago and still isn’t complete - why releasing something like that and then just letting it be? and instead of improving it we’ll just add some colourful fish and a giant crab with gems, perfect. 

and I beg your pardon, but practicing what? turning the steering wheel 5 seconds instead of 3? 

4 minutes ago, Dalek said:

the ones that contain interesting items need you do find Pearl and get a rare recipe, if I’m not mistaken - it’s not something you can do instantly unless you are VERY lucky. the ones you can fish is mostly trash.

nope

you can find them and obtain them with few friendship with pearl

they dont contain trash btw

Archived