my kiting patterns for pigmen vary randomly

Is this a bug or is it supposed to happen? Recently sometimes when I am kiting pigmen I find that after baiting out their first hit I can stunlock them until they're dead. Other times I can get 4 hits in (which I always thought was the normal amount). And sometimes I can only get 2! 

I know warrior pigs are different, but I am just talking everyday, run-of-the-mill pigmen

20 minutes ago, Well-met said:

it appears to be related with how strong the damage inflicted is, but I'm probably mistaken. I know what you mean though. I would like some explanation

i always though it but sometimes im able to stunlock them with stale hambat or a spear and unable to do it with a dark sword

i think it might be something related to when you hit him, in which frame of his animations or maybe the distance like MAMMAL_MAN said

same for werepigs

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

perhaps it's tied to something ridiculous like the server tick rate

This is what I always thought. I've noticed the worse the lag seems the less hits I am able to get in, as they don't seem to connect.

Archived