Which One Will Be First, Roadmap Or Celebration?

"Year of the Carrat" began on 23.01.2020 and ended on 19.03.2020.
"Year of the Pig King" started on 24.01.2019 and finalized on 07.03.2019.
"Year of the Varg" spanned between 09.02.2018 and 16.03.2018.
"Lastly Year of the Gobbler" ran in the 19.01.2017 - 14.02.2017 interval.

DST's 2020 Roadmap post was made on 08.02.2020 after many-many posts demanding a roadmap.

So... is probably anyone's guess what will come first and if we will get a 2021 DST Roadmap to begin with.

You may also check the time between last years Winter's Feasts end and special Chinese New Year events beginning: it seems there's roughly a 1-2 weeks small window between them when not in a row (or a 1 month window in 2018). Thus, once more - is anyone's guess.

Hope "Year of the Beefalo" will start next week, on 14.01 (a classic DST Thursday update), or in 2 weeks aka on 21.01. If not, somewhere at beginning of February perhaps.

Likewise for a potential 2021 DST Roadmap - if there will be such an announcement - don't expect much if we are to look at the 2020's one: a general "we will be doing stuff, certain character reworks, some Return of Them updates" and maybe a cryptic print-screen or two. Maybe.

I hope there will be a 2021 roadmap, just give us a general heads up on what to look forward to. But at the same time it is also quite nice to pleasantly be surprised by the things they do like QoL updates and more recently Reap What You Sow farming rework.

I wish they would say rather or not the remaining 6 DS single player characters will be added to DST.. that is my biggest hope: Those characters each have a following of fans that actively await the day that their possibly favorite DS character comes to DST.

And I strongly feel that they ALL should- now just please hear me out on this cause I’ve thought about it quite a while. The characters of Solo DS- Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba and Wagstaff: They all have unique enough differences to not feel very “Same-ish” and Klei can always rework/update them to be even more unique and different.

Adding these characters to DST also means that you can change their appearance with all the cool customization options we have for swapping out gloves, shirts, pants, and shoes.. This would drive sales for these characters if they had skin sets like everyone else.

It also brings players who may still be playing DS single player (because X single player character isn’t in DST yet) a reason to buy and enjoy DST now. 

That’s really my 3 main reasons they should be in DST..

#1- They already have a fanbase of players who actively look forward to playing them.

#2- I can customize their appearance & enjoy all the cool skins I’ve earned/purchased for DST.

#3- players wouldn’t have to play DS single player to enjoy playing as the characters who have not made the cut for DST.

Please Klei, if a 2021 roadmap is to be revealed: those of us eagerly awaiting news of the 6 solo DS characters that are absent from DST a “Yes they’re coming or a It’s not going to happen.” Would be the best (or worst) news ever for us. Either way- at least we don’t sit in anticipation of an answer.

40 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Please Klei, if a 2021 roadmap is to be revealed: those of us eagerly awaiting news of the 6 solo DS characters that are absent from DST a “Yes they’re coming or a It’s not going to happen.” Would be the best (or worst) news ever for us. Either way- at least we don’t sit in anticipation of an answer.

Klei loves to be mysterious, they don't talk about the thing is gonna be happen or not which I don't know why :/

I would say "no" to the ALL OF THE dont starve single player characters bc most of perks taken by new characters like how Walter pick poop throwing and phew-o-matic or how Wurt pick Waggstaff's tentacle vision BUT we saw how Woodie changed, he just turned a new character. They could re-make those characters from a sketch and add them to the game.
But to be honest I prefer to see new faces.

My hope from this year is about character reworks and mechanic reworks. I would be happy if we would see more details in roadmap.

Honestly, I don't want a roadmap. I'd rather give Klei some flexibility on what they can do rather than setting plans in stone and then stressing them out. The previous roadmap was too vague and probably still put pressure on the devs, so why even bother?

My bet is on YotB, and a Roadmap to come out later, if at all.

4 hours ago, MrNaxeros said:

Honestly, I don't want a roadmap. I'd rather give Klei some flexibility on what they can do rather than setting plans in stone and then stressing them out. The previous roadmap was too vague and probably still put pressure on the devs, so why even bother?

My bet is on YotB, and a Roadmap to come out later, if at all.

Obviously I can't pretend to know the pressures of a developer with expectations imposed by their community, but I believe a roadmap is very beneficial to the community in providing us an outlook for the game's future. Personally, I like to know that the game is heading in an evolving direction. I think it maintains and even sparks interest. Whether it's vague or not, it's nice to have a rough path detailing the future of this beloved game.

6 hours ago, Souper said:

Obviously I can't pretend to know the pressures of a developer with expectations imposed by their community, but I believe a roadmap is very beneficial to the community in providing us an outlook for the game's future. Personally, I like to know that the game is heading in an evolving direction. I think it maintains and even sparks interest. Whether it's vague or not, it's nice to have a rough path detailing the future of this beloved game.

As an Xbox player, who is uncertain of the amount of content updates we will be getting left for the game- a Roadmap would be nice, a Roadmap of things they plan to and will eventually defiantly be doing- but WITHOUT providing Deadlines or Estimated release dates... just a Solid promise of what to definitely expect.. even if it won’t arrive for a few years from now.

Things like “Hey guys, remember how we said we always wanted to do Cross-Platform play? Well one day it’s going to happen, we just aren’t sure when yet.”

I have slowly but surely been able to convince more and more of my Xbox friends to buy the game by showing them the update trailers Klei releases like this one Here: 

its a short video of new gameplay content- But it shows people how drastically the game has changed since it’s release. by adding boats, sharks, attacking seaweeds and Wavey Jones.

What we KNOW-

Theres at the minimum 7 more reworks that have to happen Wilson, Wes, Webber, WX78, Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, & Maxwell

(unless Klei announces they won’t be reworked)

AND the Return of Them content updates can’t reach a conclusion until we find out Who or What THEM is ... and why exactly they are Returning.

But a roadmap allows ME to tell my friends (and even random strangers who might someday become friends) things like “I’ve heard they are trying to make Dont Starve Together Cross-Platform, you should buy it on your PC or PlayStation so that when that day comes you can join me on Xbox.” :) 

In short, the TL:DR- Word of Mouth is what sales video games more than Anything, and a rough draft roadmap of what to expect helps me to better spread my word of Mouth to spark peoples interest in getting them to try the game out.

Archived