My opinions on a Wes rework

I have little doubt that there will be a Wes rework in the future, but what does that entail? This is not going to be a topic on what exactly a Wes rework should be, but a general concept of one.

Wes is known to be the challenge character of the roster, and I want that to stay the same. So how can we make Wes a challenging player to play, and at the same time not be a burden on the team?
Most simply, they should give Wes some perks that make him a more challenging character but also benefit everyone else. For instance, they can make enemies take agro priority towards him over others like the forge. I'm sure there are many possibilities for perks like this. If they are to fully flesh out that kind of character whilst still making it fit his character, it would be a great mix that would keep him as the "Challenge character" and at the same time, not make people disappointed to see a Wes join their world. If you would like to add to this or you disagree with anything here, I'm glad to discuss it. 

(I will also post this in the suggestions section too, I just wanted it here because not many people actually reply to suggestions very often, and I like discussing my ideas)

33 minutes ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

(I will also post this in the suggestions section too, I just wanted it here because not many people actually reply to suggestions very often, and I like discussing my ideas)

yeah it seems a lot of people are doing this nowadays, whether its right or wrong is up to the mods

They should fix him by making his abilities reward a high skill-cap. Think of Nurse from DBD. In the hands of an average player, she's extremely weak. But if someone really knows what they are doing, she's arguably the strongest character in the game. 

If you want to make a character to challenge pros, the challenge should be rewarding. Not just a character that sucks. And the "joke character" argument is not a very good one. It pretty much admits that the character is badly designed. The game would be better if Wes was made fun and viable. You can have a challenging character be rewarding.

I am here to say that Wes sucks! Warly and Wormwood are much better challenge characters! They're so much more fun than fights taking slightly longer! Even Maxwell is a better challenge character, and he's not even a challenge character!

17 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

In my opinion he doesn't even need a rework.  He's a joke character.  Hence why his "rework" was made on April fools day.  If you want him to be challenging just lower all the stats to 100,  possibly 75.

No rework was made yet, since his skins still can't be weaved. But I assume because of that joke that the actual rework won't happen. 

He fine, people will always judge you on who u pick, be it wes or willow or wolfgang, those people are not your concern. I'm happy when a wes joins, i expect him to know what he's doing. The average Wes player on a server is way above the average Wilson player per say.

Archived