Content release schedule?

4 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I wonder if we will get a timer counting down to the next update like we had for the vanilla game and we currently got in Girftlands.

Thats kind of what I was hoping for, but even a sticky post on the generalized flow would be nice, as it stands I can't seem to find a relevant date for when they get back from holiday.

It helps me with a strategy for posting bugs ( in testing phases ), or posting suggestions, in interim release gaps.

52 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Thats kind of what I was hoping for, but even a sticky post on the generalized flow would be nice, as it stands I can't seem to find a relevant date for when they get back from holiday.

It helps me with a strategy for posting bugs ( in testing phases ), or posting suggestions, in interim release gaps.

They never give us this kind of information. They did not while in EA for the base game. They did not later, and they will not now. They tell us, they´ve dont something when they´ve dont something. Thats it.

I usually count the amount of impatient and futile "are we there yet?"-threads.

I think we are only 3 threads away from the next content update. 4-5 threads, if it is a big update.

From a developer perspective: the new year has seen around 3 work days by now (actually less, if you account for the fact that klei is located in canadia). Unless they worked overtime after the last release to prepare alot of task _before_ christmas. or worked extra hours between christmas and new years eve, they most certainly still have more or less the same content as they had before christmas (plus 2,5 days of work right after a big vacation).

Let's give them a few more days. If i am not mistaken updates usually ship on a thursday. Since this thursday has a pretty low chance (as though as that might be), next weeks thursday might be a happy day.:D

6 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

They never give us this kind of information. They did not while in EA for the base game. They did not later, and they will not now. They tell us, they´ve dont something when they´ve dont something. Thats it.

Um. Yes they did, early access feature releases happen in 6 week windows with 2 of those weeks dedicated to experimental build testing feedback prior to feature release. With this starting..

And this confirming the agenda..

I know that this was a compressed schedule leading up to the main release with the last two or three content related stretched a bit before the official full release. This is now a DLC with much the same early access vibe setting in.

Considering your profiles, these things happened before you joined the forum here. I have no idea how to give it proper context not knowing how long either of you have followed the game.

Having said these things, it's also glaringly obvious that there was rhyme and reason with the content releases simply by looking at the news feed on steam.

It generally went preview testing branch, patch patch patch, realease, patch patch patch patch....preview announcement, hype, preview release test branch announced, patch patch patch, content release, patch patch patch.

It reads like a predictable book. And this was deliberately done because of the positive feedback taking place.

What isn't clear about this,

On 12/8/2020 at 12:43 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

We will be releasing a new roadmap shortly after Early Access launch once we gather initial feedback from players.

@nakomaru? This was in your first link. How are we not on the same page? that second post links back to the first. They're playing games with us, lol.

What isn't clear about my original post? Because those two major posts you referred to lead to a circular linking, neither of those posts actually fulfill the quote above, nor do they qualify as a roadmap as we have gotten them from Klei in the past - they're more like general trajectories.. I already knew that, I already read those posts when I made this topic.

-

I'm not being impatient with any of you or them. Nor am I being so sarcastic as to go off and count the number of bugs spilling over into general discussion as a measure of if they might release something under pressure.

As it were, I don't see a roadmap, only a todo list and a holiday release note here and there. We're in that period where they form the roadmap - I understand.

More clear. Since they said a couple weeks ago they are working on a roadmap, I also figure they are working on a roadmap. I hope you can share in some of my amusement that we would each use that same quote to say that we don't know what's going on and we do.

Archived