Dealing with bats

Bats are starting to get on my nerves. I've used bunnymen, walls, now i have 2x houndius near the cave-in at main area and they still annoy the hell out of me and make a mess all over the place. Is there a way to stop them from spawning, if i make 5x(or 6?) telelocator focuses on a lunar mini-island and teleport all of them there, will they come back? That's a bit expensive to experiment, i was wondering if anybody tested this already, but i'm open to any alternative no matter the cost lol. 

Edit: oops wrong forum section, you can close/delete it i don't seem to be able to.

i have no answer but this is a problem i have too. it is more of a pain in pubs where having a sinkhole nearish spawn means it is inevitable that bats will come through each night to cause a fuss as soon as some new player comes in wanting to play in caves and not wishing to ask if there is an open one somewhere else

I like Helicalpuma's solution to bees as a way to deal with flying mobs. Since flying creatures can fly over objects such as walls it can be hard to block them in, but they still respect the pathing of walls (generally speaking) and will follow along to the opening of walls. You could make an open sided pen that paths into a couple bunny men hutches if that would help.

7 hours ago, Owlrus said:

I like Helicalpuma's solution to bees as a way to deal with flying mobs. Since flying creatures can fly over objects such as walls it can be hard to block them in, but they still respect the pathing of walls (generally speaking) and will follow along to the opening of walls. You could make an open sided pen that paths into a couple bunny men hutches if that would help.

That does work very well with bees and i use it too, i used to watch Helicalpuma too back in the day; but i find that bats are weird, and they also keep aggro for longer and are much faster than bees. Bats will also try to attack walls and they don't deal any damage, keeping them stuck attacking, so walls are a decent solution, but not permanent and sometimes they'll ignore the walls, for ex if they have some food on the ground, or if chester is nearby.

I was really hoping that i could find a solution to never see them again, but it seems like there is none :( .

5 hours ago, BeeClops said:

That does work very well with bees and i use it too, i used to watch Helicalpuma too back in the day; but i find that bats are weird, and they also keep aggro for longer and are much faster than bees. Bats will also try to attack walls and they don't deal any damage, keeping them stuck attacking, so walls are a decent solution, but not permanent and sometimes they'll ignore the walls, for ex if they have some food on the ground, or if chester is nearby.

I was really hoping that i could find a solution to never see them again, but it seems like there is none :( .

If what disturb you the most is the loot you could left near the sinkhole a torch or a fire staff and burn everything every time you feel you needed

I plant a lureplant near the sinkhole and put some turf close to it, so that eyeplants don't spawn near the hole; the eyeplants still form a ring for the bats to run into. It takes care of the guano too, but you have to avoid/attack the eyeplants to go into the caves (it's usually not hard).

Lureplants don't work on winter but it's usually fine. Maybe a combination of lureplants and a bunnyman? I have not tried it

If you happen to find an AFK Wendy who has Abigail riled up you can push her towards the sinkhole and Abigail will keep it clear for you.

And if you are being completely literal when you say 

On 12/24/2020 at 5:05 AM, BeeClops said:

but i'm open to any alternative no matter the cost lol. 

Then you could plant the AFK Wendy there yourself. The cost would be another copy of the game, and the resources from your computer to run 2 clients at the same time, and a player slot on the server, and an ice box with two thermal stones to keep her safe in summer, and a scaled furnace to keep her warm in winter, and if you don't do an exploit you might need to bring her food every once in awhile, but she'd kill all the batilisks. If she's holding down spacebar while idling she'd even clean up the drops!

Play as Wormwood, plant lure plant friends at cave hole- never worry about bats again! (Lureplants won’t attack Wormwood, it’s part of his plants are nice to him perk)

That perk also seems broken when tree guards attack him but meh.. guess him gaining (and not losing) sanity near them as “friends” would maybe be too Op.

Lureplants are surprisingly effective.. they even help with Hound waves as Wormwood (help.. but not clean out for you.)

On 12/24/2020 at 1:05 PM, BeeClops said:

...i'm open to any alternative no matter the cost lol.

If is your server/server of a friend aka personal not public room, then you could re-plug the sinkhole, either via console command:

local inst = c_find("cave_entrance_open");if not inst then return end;local closeinst = SpawnPrefab("cave_entrance");closeinst.Transform:SetPosition(inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition());http://closeinst.components.worldmigrator.id = inst.components.worldmigrator.id;closeinst.components.worldmigrator.linkedWorld = inst.components.worldmigrator.linkedWorld; closeinst.components.worldmigrator.receivedPortal = inst.components.worldmigrator.receivedPortal;inst:Remove();

..or by using mods, namely the Cave Guardian one for example.

Look, if u have resources to try shotius, u may have to put a chest with blow darts. Even a cat o tails solve the problem, just slap the crap out in their faces

I use ice staff to deal with a lot ot stuff, but bats isnt that bad FOR ME. A cool trick i use to hit them with a meelee weapon is just run in a diagonal ignoring the flow of the punk circle and just force attack when the closest one is in range

Needs some pratice, but if u are really tired, u just need a range weapon and u will be ok

On 2/2/2021 at 4:59 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Bats has a limit on how far away can chase their prey. They will come back to the sinkhole area if they go far away 

????

What if you put them in a cage? As a way to chase them forever (until day) potentially leaving you alone? 

23 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

What if you put them in a cage? As a way to chase them forever (until day) potentially leaving you alone? 

Never tried. But maybe they will try to hit the fences/walls of that cage instead of chasing the gekko since bats have some kind of bug with trying to hit fences and walls but not doing damage

Archived