Floor Planting's Efficenty

I have learned we are not able to water or fertlize "floor plants" that planted by Wormwood on my last post. Today I heard about extungishing with watering can change and I realized we are able to use it on floor which could make wormwood plants wet too. But sadly it didn't worked.

I know I can speak with them but will it be enough? Can floor plants grow up to giant crops?
If the answer is "yes", can you tell me how (Because I don't know what to do with them).
If the answer is "no", what is the point of wormwood? I mean the new farm system is ultra cheap.

If the answer is no, Klei should make changes about it, I don't want to make it super effective, maybe it could be harder to get giant crops or maybe it should take more time, I just don't know but in my opinion, there is something not balanced in wormwood.

No, they cannot grow into giant crops

But honestly now, you really don't need the giants. 1 fruit and 1 seed is  enough for a nice farm, especially when Wormwood can mass produce so many of them. I don't really think they need a change

No, wild crops can't grow giant.

They don't need to. Wild crops are a good food source: Just plant them, talk to them once (you don't need to do that in full bloom) and forget about them until they're fully grown. You'll get 1 crop and 1 seed from each plant if you do it properly, so you can easily replant the crops.

The new farm system is cheap but it's also time consuming. It's worthwhile if you're after giant crops, but giant crops aren't necessary to use farm food.

Wormwood is a good character even without the farming: He can make living logs at any time using his health, he gains sanity by planting plants and he can fertilize himself with common fertilizers to heal and bloom. Farms are still good for him because he plants much quicker than other characters (no need to till + plant: he just puts the seeds in the ground directly), takes care of them better (talks to plants faster or automatically when blooming, can tell their exact needs without the premier gardeneer hat) and doesn't need to use farm soil to farm crops (which means no need to worry about weeds).

2 minutes ago, Electroely said:

They don't need to. Wild crops are a good food source: Just plant them, talk to them once (you don't need to do that in full bloom) and forget about them until they're fully grown. You'll get 1 crop and 1 seed from each plant if you do it properly, so you can easily replant the crops.

The new farm system is cheap but it's also time consuming. It's worthwhile if you're after giant crops, but giant crops aren't necessary to use farm food.

Wormwood is a good character even without the farming: He can make living logs at any time using his health, he gains sanity by planting plants and he can fertilize himself with common fertilizers to heal and bloom. Farms are still good for him because he plants much quicker than other characters (no need to till + plant: he just puts the seeds in the ground directly), takes care of them better (talks to plants faster or automatically when blooming, can tell their exact needs without the premier gardeneer hat) and doesn't need to use farm soil to farm crops (which means no need to worry about weeds).

hm

You guys are right but I didn't mean it.
Wormwood is a nice character and he is pretty powerfull. The problem is about the gain/cost system. Old farms was expensive and Wormwood floor plants was not bad about gain/cost system but new farms are really cheap. You can make farm plots that could grow 40 plants on it and the only requires are few log and few grass. You can be sure you will have enough materials before you find 40 seeds, it's that cheap!

So why I would plant my plants on floor while I could grow them on farms? I could do so much thing that I can't do in floor farms, I can protect them from fires or becaming thristy by watering; I can't use any fertilizers on them, I can't make them give me drop ANYWAY. So why I would use it? For saving few materials? Your gain is really lower and the cost is almost same.

44 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

What’s the best you can do now with wild crops? I mean if you do want to pay more attention to them and maybe keep tending them or waterballloon the soil. Crop + 2 seeds? Or a crop and a seed is as best as it gets?

Well they will fail nutrient and water for sure, so 8 stress, if you tend once after planting you get the 11 required stress for one crop one seed. But you still need the family factor though so be careful with that.

Also I heard wild crops are watered by the heavy rain of spring, if that's true then you can get 2 seed if you tend twice resulting in 6 stress, needs confirmation.

40 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

What’s the best you can do now with wild crops? I mean if you do want to pay more attention to them and maybe keep tending them or waterballloon the soil. Crop + 2 seeds? Or a crop and a seed is as best as it gets?

Wild crops with family bonus, no weeds, watered at the beginning with a couple of water balloons and tended to every stage give 1 crop and 2 seeds, just tested. 

51 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Just plant them, talk to them once and forget about them until they're fully grown. You'll get 1 crop and 1 seed from each plant

From my experience, family bonus and no weeds around is required for this approach to give 1 crop and 1 seed. Ive never gotten 1 crop 1 seed from random seeds planted in the early game. 

Just now, Ohan said:

Wild crops with family bonus, no weeds, watered at the beginning with a couple of water balloons and tended to every stage give 1 crop and 2 seeds, just tested. 

From my experience, family bonus and no weeds around is required for this approach to give 1 crop and 1 seed. Ive never gotten 1 crop 1 seed from random seeds planted in the early game. 

yes, what is required to get 1 product and 1 seed is tending to them, good season, family, and no overcrowding, but these are really easy to achieve

Just now, Ohan said:

Yeah, sorry. I wasn't specific enough. I meant that you'd need every passive stressor taken care of (family, weeds, overcrowding and season) after which you only need to tend to the plants once to get the 1 seed back.

1 hour ago, DaZoul said:

No, they cannot grow into giant crops

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

Hm... I just got oversized Asparagus and Tomatoes from wild plants today, any idea how I possibly achieved that ? :wilson_confused: (no mods)

2 minutes ago, ADM said:

Hm... I just got oversized Asparagus and Tomatoes from wild plants today, any idea how I possibly achieved that ? :wilson_confused: (no mods)

Yeah, now that you mention it I have seen somebody say this before... watering could've been done by rain Maybe the nutrients the turf has exist even if it isn't turned to farmland? I don't know, but logistically, you can't get giant crops otherwise, it's just how it works. Simply cannot, unless nutrients are somehow injected into it.

I have a quick question about Wormwood and the new RWYS farm Rig machine, I have not played the new update enough to know this for myself but- can’t wormwood plant crops ANYWHERE, & The Rig Machine can only be placed on to grassy/hay turfs? Anywhere means Anywhere guys...  so technically Wormwood should be able to plant wild crops on the hard stone floor of the Boulder filled biome, or even on a Boat!

This would be the kind of small tweak to wormwood that I would expect that still makes his plant anywhere perk useful.

If the Rig Machine allows for placing crops on other floors then grass and hay- Then maybe that’s a Nerf Klei should look into giving the new Garden Rig device? I mean the animation for it clearly doesn’t look like it can crack through hardened concrete surfaces.. it just looks like it’s shifting dirt to make smoother soil.

Archived