CK Ornaments

i don't think you needed to make a whole thread just to say that but hey you do you

im also happy he got an ornament

22 minutes ago, WhackE said:

finally something worth getting from him

trident can be used to uproot bull kelp which is useful to some people and the mysterious energy needs the tribute which can only be obtained from crab king so i disagree

1 hour ago, stranger again said:

i don't think you needed to make a whole thread just to say that but hey you do you

I needed to, you don't understand, I'm simply built different.

35 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

How do you get the different ones? I saw in the patch notes you need to use at least 3 iridescent gems... is that for both or just one of them?

fairly certain you just need it for the one, the red gem CK ornament would probably just be gotten be beating him normally.

4 hours ago, WhackE said:

Well I guess I can eat my heart out, they added Crab King ornaments, finally something worth getting from him. :-)
 Magnificent_Adornment_Crab_King_Pearl.png.82124506ed94bd75622e72780c4d8f8f.pngMagnificent_Adornment_Crab_King_Regular.png.c24816c2e200320e64925c8517605822.png

Great. Now I gotta kill that horrible boss again. Is the ornaments dropped dependent on if the pearl is in? Wouldn't that mean since there's only one pearl per world I can never get the ornaments?

EDIT: I should read previous stuff before posting.I would strikethough my question but I'd how to since I'm new to the forums so if you know how, please tell me

Magnificent_Adornment_Crab_King_Pearl.png.82124506ed94bd75622e72780c4d8f8f.png The one with the pearl will loot if Pearl's Pearl is socked on it, or by socking 3 or more Iridescent Gems IF the Hermit Crab previously gifted you the pearl, it won't work otherwise (so you can actually drop it as many time you want, it's just expensive)

Also, just a little reminder, 1 pearl = 3 Iri. Gems on the fight, so it's as difficult, don't worry.

Magnificent_Adornment_Crab_King_Regular.png.c24816c2e200320e64925c8517605822.png

The one with red gems will loot on any other conditions, so yeah, you need to kill it twice to drop both.

18 hours ago, ADM said:

Magnificent_Adornment_Crab_King_Pearl.png.82124506ed94bd75622e72780c4d8f8f.png The one with the pearl will loot if Pearl's Pearl is socked on it, or by socking 3 or more Iridescent Gems IF the Hermit Crab previously gifted you the pearl, it won't work otherwise (so you can actually drop it as many time you want, it's just expensive)

Also, just a little reminder, 1 pearl = 3 Iri. Gems on the fight, so it's as difficult, don't worry.

Magnificent_Adornment_Crab_King_Regular.png.c24816c2e200320e64925c8517605822.png

The one with red gems will loot on any other conditions, so yeah, you need to kill it twice to drop both.

Oooft was hoping just the 3 iridescent gems fight would get me both... guess I better start preparing for two Crab King battles, one of which will be gnarly. Thanks for the reminder of the pearl = 3 Iri gems as I thought the 3 gems would be much tougher and were equal to a pearl each.

I might even get the easier battle out of the way sooner rather than later as practise...

I'm about to get a second Ancient Guardian bauble and I'm getting ready to attempt Misery Solo, wish me luck!

UPDATE: Took out 9 Purple Gem Crab King Solo for the normal ornament - Spiced Volt Goat Jelly was key, after using spiced perogi and just taking too long twice I absolutely RUINED him with half my gear remaining after eating spiced Volt Jelly on the third attempt. Misery Toadstool is next as I'm pretty sure I'll need help with souped up Crab King so I'm delaying that for now.... I forgot how quickly he can ruin boats if you don't stay perfectly on top of the battle.

Misery down on first attempt, what a battle solo though even with spiced volt jelly... my god. At least that's over, was hoping for a different ornament instead of just a reskin/new colour of the normal one but oh well.

Only Iridescent Crab King remains..

1 hour ago, Grim the said:

EDIT: I should read previous stuff before posting.I would strikethough my question but I'd how to since I'm new to the forums so if you know how, please tell me

when you make or edit posts, highlight what you want to be stricken

and press this
 image.png.2ee2bcc255955e7fc7d21a32c068ee9c.png

Archived