How do you set up the interior of a solo spacefare nosecone to improve his chance of survival ?

You don't even have to have a working oxygen system. You just need to empty oxygen bottle in your spaceship, and if you have like 3kg per tile it's more than enough for a short trip.

Food is also very important, but maybe you can leave it if you don't plan to leave long. A dupe has 4k Calories when full and can live for a few days without eating.

Power is important if you have like refrigerator or the shipping stuff, so you need a battery and a manual generator or just a plug slug.

You might want to have a toilet in there, but you can't have both a toilet and a wash basin because of space constraint.

Maybe put a bed in there if you want the dupe to live nicer? Not required because they can sleep on the floor.

1 hour ago, RageLeague said:

You don't even have to have a working oxygen system. You just need to empty oxygen bottle in your spaceship, and if you have like 3kg per tile it's more than enough for a short trip.

I thought about that, good to know it works.

This oxygen botlte emptying seems a bit too misplaced. I'd much rather see the cockpit either running on it's own oxygen tank (or at the very least vent input) or to take oxygen of the oxidizer tank.

For longer spacetravels you should then either be able to opt for in-place oxygen production to directly fill  the cockpit or for a recycling module, where the wastes of the cockpit get recycled into useful stuff like clean water, oxygen, etc. That recycling module should also have interoir and allow manual and automated (lategame) usage.

Also dupes should be able to traverse between modules.

Eventually this concept could be expanded into a spacestation.

8 hours ago, SchlauFuchs said:

Hi, 

What do you put into a rocket nose to raise chance of survival of the pilot?

the real question should be.. what exactly are you trying to survive?

edit- small advice when your pilot wakes up and starts his normal work shift.. put him in the rocket. Send the rocket wherever you need to and bring the pilot back immediately once finished. He will arrive before his bladder is full, calories needed, or even before his sleep schedule. Done and dusted lol.

The only thing you need to worry about is fuel.. the worse thing is having a dupe stranded (they should allow us to rescue him if that happened would be awesome)

I run my solo pods without power because then I can just focus on decor so they don't stress out when I need them to stay in them for an extended period, like when I need to build up a small amount of infrastructure to get back from the superconductor planet.

Okay, in meantime I learned that the rocket nose equipment more or less does not matter, the first landing on an asteroid without rocket base does not take anything with it down. The astronaut comes out of the lander and if he doesn't get into an underground cavity before he can no longer hold breath he becomes an ex-astronaut. Not resting, not stunned, and not dreaming of fjords.

1 hour ago, SchlauFuchs said:

Okay, in meantime I learned that the rocket nose equipment more or less does not matter, the first landing on an asteroid without rocket base does not take anything with it down. The astronaut comes out of the lander and if he doesn't get into an underground cavity before he can no longer hold breath he becomes an ex-astronaut. Not resting, not stunned, and not dreaming of fjords.

What I do is take 2 rockets with 2 dupes each, the reason is that when they land in the lander you can deconstruct them for 400 metal each, so with the 800 you can build a rocket pad and then just build ladders and make sure you land a rocket with the supplies needed for the second rocket pad and the infrastructure to get more fuel (I've found using frozen CO2 in a large chunk so it won't melt a quick way if there isn't any just readily available)

This was my first successful attempt, allowing oxygen to fill to about 2kg per tile and then waiting for the next delivery of oxygen and canceling it, so I have some spare tanks just in case. Not necessarily optimal and requires lot of micro managing (sugar engine). Later I opted in building a toilet and critter feeder for food to save space, table can go under the ladder.

co2 becomes very soon problematic no matter what method for oxygen you use, like after few trips. Haven't figured out how to deal with that well, tried pumping it out but that needs a hamsterwheel and the masked dupe keeps breathing in more co2 while spinning. Maybe after you get atmosuits going it gets easier, but still cumbersome and requires lot of rebuilding..

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2309431450

edit. Oh yeah and you will want to drop off first rovers, not a dupe, get them working setting up a bit of a base structure so the first dupe wont suffocate :) They can work quite a while before running out of battery (though they cannot build airlocks so wall them in)

Archived