DEADLY CRITTERS

Really need deadly critters maybe something like

-Large critter that pops up at turn 100 and you need to swarm it with dupes to kill it, making larger pops something needed and would put a strain on bases and have dupes die :)

-Large critter that if you get to close would come after your dupes till they move out of range and it could move true rocks, would force you to kill them to get to that area :)

-Large critter that would come out in greater and greater numbers as game moves to higher turns

-Could have water and land critters so you could use motes to protect your base or something

-Have large space critters that you would need to guard your rockets from.

No shortage of things you could do with deadly critters :)

Also as a general game mechanic, as idea:

> A creature comes in contact with a substance and turns in to "Hostile" and gets angry :beaten:

image.png.5793de3aee1c97b6eba520013cdf639f.png> Oil, radioactivity, whatever > image.thumb.png.240c622a94f4990c645ea0b68d931216.png

Perhaps not the normally angry, like turning in to the new creature state "Hostile"

I thought about this, too. But then I thought of what would happen if some monsters would come to my 300 hours base and kill all my dupes. Colony lost. Mind lost.

I think this is not a base defense game and it shouldn't be one. It's way too much work to build a good base to watch some monsters destroy it. It's a building and thinking game.

30 minutes ago, Thilo87 said:

I thought about this, too. But then I thought of what would happen if some monsters would come to my 300 hours base and kill all my dupes. Colony lost. Mind lost.

I think this is not a base defense game and it shouldn't be one. It's way too much work to build a good base to watch some monsters destroy it. It's a building and thinking game.

Aggresive fauna should be a similar danger to large or pressurized pockets of liquid. If you open them without being ready they will flood your base and drown dupes and ruin farms. It could also be like hot magma pockets near your base. They will cause trouble if not addressed in time.

I could imagine a yeti type critter that remains frozen in the ice biomes unless you start mining them out and unfreezing it. It would make wild sleet wheat more risky to gather. Or a spider critter with it`s own biome that it doesn`t leave but if you approach it then it becomes agressive. You`d need to dig around it, fight the critters or find a way to eterminate them by other means.

I don`t think a boss critter like in DS is a good idea. Unless it`s on a distant asteroid and doesn`t leave it and you need to kill it to get some rare resources.

Archived