[Game Update] - 444349

• Developer

Hey everyone, what a whirlwind it is to launch something, let me tell you! We just wanted to get this one fix out right away because it fixes a worldgen issue. (Another fix snuck in too!)

Have fun and thanks for all your support!

• Fixed issue where worlds in some seeds spawned with only one or two biome types. This fix only applies when a new game is started, so clusters generated prior to this patch will still be affected by the bug.
  • Fix crash when opening the patch notes.

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Don't get me wrong - I already bought DLC, but it's pretty pointless for me to play it more now cuz I played alpha a lot and I'm in the point in which I don't have much to do and I don't want to waste time in case there will be some major changes and my saves will be unplayable. Just asking for expected date of releasing more content - I'm not trying to force Klei to work during christmas. I'm just a curious customer, which is not a crime, and I got a right to ask about it since I couldn't find any news and developers probably got some kind of schedule or roadmap of content release :P

• Like 2

In my work, our manager always said that if someone says his work will be done in two days, you must expect two weeks; and if they estimate for two weeks, it might as well take forever.

You, my friend, are asking about 3 weeks. Even if KLEI had plans to finish it this year, it still means "it will take forever and the half".

They sure are planning to add those stuff. However, fixing crashes that prevent people from playing even bare-bone alpha stuff is more important. Remember, now it is not free testing. People paid for it. Of course, everybody knows it is EA, but still, it is more important to play few things than to have more things you can't even launch.

Yes, I bought Spaced Out! today. I hoped they will introduce something more today (at least simple POI deconstruction or reusable oxygen masks), but I agree there are more important things to fix before that.

KLEI - thanks for the EA, playing alpha was a blast, can't wait to do it again! Take care and please, don't overwork during christmas :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gun4fun said:

Sorry for asking, but are you going to add more rocket stuff and radiation this year or youhave no idea yet?

Basegame rockets - As a guestimate perhaps in half a year ?

When both games are merged, the old base game and the new dlc game - It is currently 2 different games which get content merged probably sometime in the next year. I see not much long term reason to play the dlc game, without the full content of the base game.

The DLC is probably the latest version of the game and I guess they will fetch content from the base game and add it over time to the DLC game version, but Im just guessing. As long the full base game content is not in the dlc game, it is 2 different games for me.

6 hours ago, Gun4fun said:

Don't get me wrong - I already bought DLC, but it's pretty pointless for me to play it more now cuz I played alpha a lot and I'm in the point in which I don't have much to do and I don't want to waste time in case there will be some major changes and my saves will be unplayable. Just asking for expected date of releasing more content - I'm not trying to force Klei to work during christmas. I'm just a curious customer, which is not a crime, and I got a right to ask about it since I couldn't find any news and developers probably got some kind of schedule or roadmap of content release :P

Edited by babba

In steam Q&A, 

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We don't have a concrete launch date picked out, but we are expecting Early Access development to take somewhere around 3-6 months. This may change as we incorporate player feedback - we don't believe in shipping games until we are happy with them!”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“The game is coming into Early Access with the early and mid-game rocketry and multi-world mechanics in place. Over the course of Early Access we will be adding late game rocketry and multi-world mechanics, as well as a new radiation system and lots of UI improvements before launch.”

I hope it will give you rough idea.

Edited by TheTickingTick
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

It will be a really great basegame, I`m looking forward to play it at the end of 2021. Perhaps playing in Summer 2021 with the full basegame content will be a bonus and welcome, awaiting the basegame content merger.

Edited by babba