Claymator v3. Stay weak in DLC.

As you may know, the DLC update changed how off-gassing works in tiles, which killed the Claymator v2. PW tiles are now limited to 1kg per off-gassing event, but they occur much more frequently. So this dead simple design now works to support about 8 dupes at 500kg/cycle.

image.thumb.png.441a20d1937d3e5450fb4fedc7611eba.png

Here's a 900kg/cycle variant, almost the maximum output for these 17 deodorizers (918kg/cycle). One less layer is about 750kg/cycle.

image.thumb.png.cdcf3b118c6c123a47fd6b97858387d3.png

Here is a variant that reaches the 918kg/cycle max.

image.thumb.png.04eabd342982febdcae58cd17bbc9748.png

Other details:

1. Ensure that the airflow tiles contain only vacuum or polluted oxygen.
  2. Place any involatile liquid in the mesh tiles to prevent gasses from mixing.
  3. The liquid is kept at 1T per tile by the liquid vent. There is no benefit to off-gassing by increasing this.
  4. The center tile is shared by both sweepers for filtration medium supply.
  5. Add a pressure sensor to your deodorizers for direct output, or seal them in a high pressure pure oxygen room for pumping.

You can evacuate the chamber by using a bypass pump like this (valve at 0.1g/s):

Spoiler

LyQ8PHY9Ok.thumb.gif.e171ca65032cb0bcebe559ad8fd11854.gif

Having been a user of the Claymator v2 whenever I have a ph20 vent I've a couple of clarifying questions for when I put v3 into use with the DLC:

1.  Is that really just 1T of water per tile?
  2. Any particular reason for the two tile horizontal gap between the 4-3-4 tile layers in the 900kg/s variant?

Thank you for the designs as always!

So we're back to basics and surface area reigns supreme once again... Let's add a couple of morbs (or three) to the mix for eye candy. We can always use slimelung-ridden oxylite to launch into space. (Germs kinda get deleted once the oxylite is in the rocket though. But it's the thought that counts.)

14 minutes ago, guildcrest said:
  1.  Is that really just 1T of water per tile?
  2. Any particular reason for the two tile horizontal gap between the 4-3-4 tile layers in the 900kg/s variant?

Yep, they are just 1T, naturally capped at the liquid vent pressure. In the DLC, there is no benefit to going over 1T. (added to OP)

The 4-3-4 design performs better than a 4-5-4 design, which I measure at about 820kg/cycle. Higher pressures reduce off-gassing, so airflow is important in this natural diffusion build.

@nakomaru I would still include the PO2 compressor from the Claymator V2 to ensure you get the full 1kg per offgas event by keeping the offgas area at the lowest pressure (Almost Vacuum) and have infinite PO2 storage available.

And your 28 tiles in the 900 kg/cycle could fit another 11 tiles of PWater to offgas if you use a more compact airflow/pWater layout

image.png.dc33865eb30dde21f7f849b744ea4cda.png

1 minute ago, nakomaru said:

Good question - nope, looks like that bug is finally fixed.

Thanks, good to know... Germs did crash the game on several occasions for me once upon a time... (So as long as I don't see the exponential rise it'll be fine.)

12 hours ago, PiggyWhiskey said:

@nakomaru I would still include the PO2 compressor from the Claymator V2 to ensure you get the full 1kg per offgas event by keeping the offgas area at the lowest pressure (Almost Vacuum) and have infinite PO2 storage available.

And your 28 tiles in the 900 kg/cycle could fit another 11 tiles of PWater to offgas if you use a more compact airflow/pWater layout

I'm all for using bypass/bead pumps, but I couldn't improve performance with it. I think it would be useful if you had really tall chambers, but we are already approaching the 918kg/cycle limit of 17 deodorizers with a 17x6 evaporation chamber.

I guess you mean to have airflow tiles in between the pillars of water, otherwise it would be equivalent to the first variant with regards to exposed tiles. Like this?

image.thumb.png.ebcc72c1a8d7e521bcac6cc11a25737b.png

However, this is the same number of airflow tiles and water tiles as my 900kg/cycle variant. Both models have 6 columns of airflow tiles. I rated this layout at 885 to 905kg/cycle.

Both adding or removing one PW column performs worse (~870kg/cycle).

If you want to reach the max output of your deodorizers, you can do it by going two columns wider.

image.png.a3a17aaf7c147c4486dc5c9b6f246d32.png

image.thumb.png.04eabd342982febdcae58cd17bbc9748.png

11 hours ago, PiggyWhiskey said:

Except only the water on top can off gas so this is no better than a single row.

I know what you're thinking. Sure - it's simple, efficient and hardly produces any heat. But what about all of that water it consumes!

Don't worry, have I got the solution for you. Due to a bug, you can now generate 495kg of polluted oxygen for the low price of 48kg of polluted water! Buy now! (valves are at 20g/s)

fqqlhmFwsi.thumb.gif.4c75c2aeb20ac4271350593ace4b6007.gif

Oh! So this works in DLC? man.. I was hurting to create enough oxygen for all asteroids and at least 16 dupes.. the current geysers on the alpha are so weak.. I think the cool slush one only gives an average of 1.5 kg/s of pw. Thank you

6 minutes ago, Hokaeru said:

I have kind of a dumb question but : are the vents there to setup and then no input needed, or do offgasing involve a loss of mass and you have to bring Pwater ? 

Yes the vents constantly deliver at a rate of 20g/s since it's 4 vents 80g/s and a cycle would equate to 48kg of polluted water needed to be delivered into this build every cycle. I believe the cool slush geysers in DLC generate ~1.5kg/s of water so.. using the new warp tool building you can create oxygen for two asteroids lol

A mesh tile underneath a vent makes the liquid enter the world as a tile rather than a drop. In practice, for this particular build, there may not be much difference except there won't be drop animations. I didn't do much optimization with the bug and just kind of threw that together. See linked thread for some more builds.

Archived