Have Mechanized Airlock mechanics changed?

Experienced players know that Volcano taming means using mechanized airlocks to allow heat to pass when closed and when they are open, the vacuum created stops heat from passing.

Not just used with volcano taming, this method of stopping and starting heat transfer has been a big part of game mechanics.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

*Screenshot shows the setup:

Rodriguez SPOM with an Aluminum heatsink to cool the O2
The mechanized airlocks contain a vacuum
No O2 is currently passing through the heatsink (and warming it up)
The aquatuner contains crude oil and the whole system started at 32C
The heatsink is getting hotter and is now at 50C

*Note, I usually have the mechanized airlock doors like this so I can cool down the steam if ever I need to get access to the steam room.

TL;DR
Do open mechanized airlocks containing vacuum now allow heat to pass?

20201201150746_1.thumb.jpg.eb1296845596ef41bf23b182c446ab82.jpg

20201201145828_1.jpg

OK - I will try it - I certainly hope it is a PEBKAC error on my behalf.

I always considered bridges as gas and liquid teleporters but I also made them out of ceramic.

Thank you for the help, if the bridges are not the problem - I will reply again :)

Edit: Yes, the bridges caused it... I don't usually put them like that - but it looked nice and symmetrical. Thank you! 

8 hours ago, Steve8 said:

think the bridge part in the middle doesn't conduct.

Do consider any bridges as 1x3 buildings. Then you'll see why they conduct heat all across. They just don't receive heat from the liquid they're teleporting.

(Or maybe don't consider them to be exactly like buildings but something more along the lines of automation structures: they are in the background and their whole structure does conduct temperature...)

Archived