make the smart storage bin automation port behave the same as the liquid reservoir

why treat solid storage differently?

I would like to see automation behavior similar to smart batteries, liquid reservoirs and gas reservoirs.

That would make automating refineries, polymer presses and rock crushers easier and less space demanding. and with the amount of colonies we can have now, automation is key to keep the upper hand

I don't understand why that wasn't done when they implemented the "smart" reservoirs.

Fridges should get the same treatment. I know nobody likes using them, but I've always wanted as cooking setup where you cook until a fridge is full and resume cooking when it gets low. Right now you only get a signal for full and not full, which means cooking immediately resumes.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:58 PM, Steve8 said:

I know nobody likes using them, but I've always wanted as cooking setup where you cook until a fridge is full and resume cooking when it gets low

I always settled for 2 friges to achieve this, using different priorities to get a signal before all my storage was full.

16 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I always settled for 2 friges to achieve this, using different priorities to get a signal before all my storage was full.

It is a workaround, but it would be much more friendly to get it all in one unit. 2 Smart storage bins suck up a whopping 120W for no good reason, which is another reason to avoid the bins.

I more often than not mess around with weight plates on the floor to limit production. It would be nice if the smart storage bin had the actual smart logic, and a more reasonable power consumption.

8 hours ago, Whitecold said:

It is a workaround, but it would be much more friendly to get it all in one unit.

User-friendly != fun

[I mostly play this game to tinker with builds or construct some "innovativ" stuff. Just plopping in a row of "pre build/adjusted" buildings doesn´t scream fun to me.]

Spoiler

It´s not like I hate the idea of a "smarter" fridge, but if I look at this forum and how the amount of food preservation concerned topics were just sparked by the inconvinience (/not early sustainable power consumption) of the fridge:

=> I love what was enabled by inconvinience.

Archived