Suggestions and wish list

After playing a bit I have some suggestions to give about this dlc. Probably some have already been stated in other topics while other are idea from some mods i saw and some are just things i'd like to see implemented.

- Swamp Biome

1) It should have more water critters, eithe fishes or toads

2) It should have underwater plants, either algea or some other plant to be used as food for pacus.

- Deodorizers

1) You should be able to rotate and build it on the floor or by sides.

2) If your deodorizer removed all the polluted oxygen, there will still be some grams inside which will get leaked the moment you deconstruct it. This is because it needs 100 grams at least and any amount lower than this will stay inside forever.

- New Critters

1) Slugs seems to eat quite a lot while the divergent needs a renewable sulfur source. Maybe from vulcanos?

- Space

1) I believe the rocket indoor needs some pre-existent building, like a bed and a bathoroom / system to recycle p water. It is much easier to build the outhouse which is not really technological.

I won't express on the rest as i am sure many things were deactivate for the purpose of testing, plus only 3 planets out of 6 were released.

As for my wish list

1) Kitchen room, either speed up the cooking or give morale bonus to the food prepare inside it

2) Gym room, I always disliked the fact that new dupes had no atlhetic and took them forever to catch up with the rest or wear atmo suits. I know that now you can get a dupe with learned skills, making auto sweeper buildable sooner or using atmo suit without the movment penalty but is still a roll of dice. Gym should boost your stats, maybe till 5 or 8. After that the stats get boosted by doing errands.

3) Dupes planting wild plants. I know pips exist for this but i just find it odd that dupes cannot plant things on the dirt. The idea is to build a station which store seeds and the dupes plants them. Same planting rules as the pip, long animation to do it, maybe using tons of fertilizer to make pip still viable somehow.

I've suggested the Kitchen Room Bonus before.   Definitely something we need.   Currently, its possible to put the kitchen inside the nature reserve as well the shower, so  you could kind of do that to gain some sort of bonus for using that.

Agreed on the new critters, their diet are things that are not renewable, which makes them not worth taming. and just keep them wild.  Unless they can be 'maintained'  as starved critters that can still replace themselves, like ShoveVoles after breeding. 

Gym room is an interesting idea.

As for dupes planting wild, this used to be possible but I think it was too OP and thus they removed it.   Well technically, the dupes don't plant them directly wild  (you just leave them on nature tile floor),  the plants eventually reseed themselves into the nature tile and regrow.   Except  you can't do this to the peppernuts.

9 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

It should have more water critters, eithe fishes or toads

I was thinking about leeches or mosqitos, but toads are great idea too!

It should have underwater plants, either algea or some other plant to be used as food for pacus.

Nice idea, we never had those, farming them would be a fun challegneg! And it would fit really nice to the swamp feel, if not there - not sure what biome could hug such plants.

I believe the rocket indoor needs some pre-existent building, like a bed and a bathoroom / system to recycle p water. It is much easier to build the outhouse which is not really technological.

Someone suggested we could have rocket buildings allowed only to be built in the rockets and none other buildings could go there. I like ONIish feel of designing your own rocket and all buildings inside, so I wouldn't like predefined designs.

As for my wish list

1) Kitchen room 2) Gym room

You forgot about Lab room ;) But yeah, I agree, it is really sad we are missing basic rooms :(

3) Dupes planting wild plants.

That would be OP and would cause many game elements to go obsolete and cast into oblivion. Nobody would use pips and farm tiles anymore. I like the idea of wild plants, but this is too much. I think that possibility to build natural tiles easily would be enough

13 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

divergent needs a renewable sulfur source. Maybe from vulcanos?

There is already a renewable sulfur source, but it is not exactly low-tech. Cooking oil into petroleum into sour gas and then cooling it down into natural gas will give you plenty sulfur in that last step.

1) I believe the rocket indoor needs some pre-existent building, like a bed and a bathoroom / system to recycle p water. It is much easier to build the outhouse which is not really technological.

It is also quite messy to use an outhouse in space. Just saying.

2) Gym room, I always disliked the fact that new dupes had no atlhetic and took them forever to catch up with the rest or wear atmo suits. I know that now you can get a dupe with learned skills, making auto sweeper buildable sooner or using atmo suit without the movment penalty but is still a roll of dice. Gym should boost your stats, maybe till 5 or 8. After that the stats get boosted by doing errands.

I think your main problem is some dupes leaping behind other dupes. The gym/class room should allow a teacher to train another dupe. And the trainee should be able to progress faster in certain attributes. The higher the teacher attributes and science skill, the faster the trainee will learn.

Trainees will not surpass their teacher through training, at some point it will yield diminishing returns.

3) Dupes planting wild plants. I know pips exist for this but i just find it odd that dupes cannot plant things on the dirt. The idea is to build a station which store seeds and the dupes plants them. Same planting rules as the pip, long animation to do it, maybe using tons of fertilizer to make pip still viable somehow.

I really like the pips. Let them have their unique mechanic. It is already a bit too powerful. (but _psst_)

Maybe it would be a funny attribute for defrosted dupes: [Suggestion] Defrosting Cryo Tanks

I remember auto planting being op because it had no "rules". To be honest I always use pips combined with sage hatches. It is not hard to take 1 pip out of the stable and let it plant wild plants on an area where you stored the seeds. It is just time consuming. Besides the agriculture skill doesn't have any purpose. Seed chances and fertilizering seems quite not worth the skill points, while the ability to plant wild plants would be worth it.

Unless some new plants which requires agriculture skills to be planted in plots comes, i don't see any use of that skill.

Also, autosweeper should be able to harvest plants, maybe with 0% chances to get seed.

Archived