Discussing the Wicker nerf

In terms of Wicker insta growing food I think it's a good nerf, but the book is too expensive now. The part that really bothers me, though, is not being able to insta gather twigs and grass with lure plants, and those should not have a limit.

Getting needed amounts of grass, twigs and wood is just a 'space-bar simulator'. I'm curious to know what everyone would think of changing the recipes of rope and boards to 2x grass and 3x wood, to make those pauses in gameplay to press space for two minutes a little less needed.

58 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

Getting needed amounts of grass, twigs and wood is just a 'space-bar simulator'. I'm curious to know what everyone would think of changing the recipes of rope and boards to 2x grass and 3x wood, to make those pauses in gameplay to press space for two minutes a little less needed.

After many, many, many moons since 2016 doing this by hand I now do it with action queue reborn. If you are on pc I highly recommend it, its even healthy for the hand muscles I'd say.

The nerf on this specific book was long overdue, i think making the book affect only 10 plants per read was a great idea and should not be reverted, however if the devs find the nerf to be a little bit too drastic, i guess they could increase that number to 15 plants per read, but anything more than that would be too much, wicker still has an arsenal of broken books..

Now when it comes to the price of the book, i think the recipe should remain the same prior to this update

On 11/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, Viktor234 said:

The problem I have with "Adjusted the recipe" is the fact that you need now 5x seeds per book which are also harder to obtain now.

Are they though? I still have stacks and stacks of seeds I'm never going to use on a brand new world, five seeds is nothing.

If anything I think Wickerbottom in general needs more nerfs. She's still a ridiculously powerful character.

23 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Its a (weak and no so useful) weapon to set enemies on fire

I don‘t think there are people who would like to use The End is Nigh to set fire.

Here, I have a weird idea about the rework of The End is Nigh.

Firstly, rename it as Applied Meteorology/climatology. Nerf the number of lightning but make the world raining for half day! With this ability, you can put out fire from long distance and prevent wildfire. Another applicable situation might be watering the corp while you are away from your base. you can even make the monster wet so that you can deal additional electric damage to them. 

A downside is raining might be annoying to other players.

Archived