[Experimental] - 442849

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters!

Big balance changes today! Sal's campaign has a couple fewer jobs in it, to increase the pace and the card pick pressure, and we did a big, broad NPC health and party composition pass. Give a vanilla run a try, and tell us how you fared!

Next week we will be tweaking these balance changes further, refining the presentation for flourishes, and working more with the mettle economy.

Have a griftin' weekend!

GAMEPLAY

• Big NPC health and battle_strength overhaul - getting rid of autobalancing, and pushing the defs apart within each faction
  • Remove random variation from the NPC health values
  • Added a new mettle upgrade to increase shills gained from skipping cards
  • Lots of bios, and non-temp dialogue
  • Reduced damage dealt by the promoted wealthy merchant
  • Don't give card loot for the final expedition negotiation.
  • Don't give card loot for the auction negotiation.
  • Reduce the number of side jobs on a sal run by two. This should improve the campaign pace, and increase the difficulty / make you have to pick cards in the later days.
  • mettle shop shows up on day 2 for all characters; is only available at night.
  • Terminate oshnu wrangling event if the oshnu is dismissed.
  • Prestige points are now verified when you launch the game

UI

• Replacing the progress bar from the flourish bar with a progress radial
  • Adding the choose Flourish popup, always available in Negotiation and Battle. Supports gamepad/ui scaling/streamer modes.
  • Added highlighting to condition descriptions to indicate which parts are affected by stacks
  • Fix cards in slot 2 not being Prepared when selected

CARDS

• Increased target_count on the lumin turrets melee attack
  • Impending Doom: nil-check core modifier, cause you never know what mods will do.
  • Fix Flourish being gained when anyone, not just you, does unmitigated damage.
  • AnimFighter:IsBusy should return false if it is called within the running coroutine.  Fixes a stall when in combat with Andwanette / Twins.
  • Add empty bottle warnings to cards that require them to be played.
  • Fix crash in Visionary Fan the Hammer if the player dies by drawing cards.
  • DoAttack will wait for any non-interruptible sequences before starting, and verify it is still valid to proceed after.  Fixes a crash if the attacker somehow dies before initiating the attack (eg. Visionary Fan the Hammer drawing into Twig at 1 health)
  • Fix Powder Keg tooltip to show the damage given the actual number of stacks the card applies.

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Wavey 1
  • GL Happy 4

8 hours ago, Kevin said:

Reduce the number of side jobs on a sal run by two. This should improve the campaign pace, and increase the difficulty / make you have to pick cards in the later days.

Does this only affect regular jobs, so the Rise merchant one wouldn't could against the limit?

8 hours ago, Kevin said:

Adding the choose Flourish popup, always available in Negotiation and Battle. Supports gamepad/ui scaling/streamer modes.

Would've been nice if Smith's draw/discard pile bottle indicators scaled with the UI as well, cause currently they start to obstruct character bars if there are 4 characters present on one side.

Thats it. I never had a Klei account becouse i never felt like it but this is too much. Who tf changed Snacks name to Gnak? And why is Eonwes name Gorgula? This is second most disapointing thing in Griftlands i ever seen, first being time when i realized you can't pet Autobots and Clobberbots. Disgusting.

Zrzut ekranu (1).png

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

Big NPC health and battle_strength overhaul - getting rid of autobalancing, and pushing the defs apart within each faction

Does this mean, say, a Spree Thug will always be exactly the same difficulty level, no matter whether it's Day 1 or Day 5? That would be a huge change, and a good one IMHO.

16 hours ago, Kevin said:

Big balance changes today! Sal's campaign has a couple fewer jobs in it, to increase the pace and the card pick pressure, and we did a big, broad NPC health and party composition pass. Give a vanilla run a try, and tell us how you fared!

Finished a P6 run. Biggest difference I've noticed is that I had way less money to spend on grafts / pets / social boons on the latter days, when I usually go on shopping sprees. Days 3 and 4 are a bit harder, and I couldn't just get into any fight I wanted without thinking, but the real difficulty is still Days 1 and 2, when you're very vulnerable to difficulty spikes.

The perceived difficulty will depend a lot on the perks that people choose. My last run just before this rebalance I only took late-game perks, and I spent the first 2 days on the edge of dying, but then day 3 came around and I just steamrolled the rest of the run. Conversely, I just did another run after this rebalance with 2 early game perks (+1 late game) and it was a much smoother experience throughout.