This might be inappropriate but I find the most annoying part of the alpha is not having the mods I'm use to playing with:

Bigger Camera Zoom Out - I am constantly spinning my mouse wheel down for effect.

Drag Tool Area - Just knowing how big an area is without having to count individual tiles.

Falling Sand - And now falling mud. 

Gas Overlay - The existing gas overlay is okay but this one is better.

Research Queue - The new research stuff is f---ing awesome. But you still can't queue more than one research branch in a row.

Sweep by Type - Why would I want to sweep an entire tile when all I want is the pdirt removed?

It reminds me I would not play this game so often with the mod community.

I really like that some mods won't be needed any more due to some of the GUI updates: The materials stuff is great.

26 minutes ago, Joe Mucchiello said:

Drag Tool Area - Just knowing how big an area is without having to count individual tiles.

Falling Sand - And now falling mud. 

Drag tool is happily included, yay!

Also, if I understood Brothgar correctly, falling sand (mud) also was implemented.

+1 to the others, QoL are great thing, should be included as much as possible, and in most cases don't seem to big dev work to make them into the game. Some time ago I made a list of such mods that could be included into the game, I will not copy-paste all QoL mods, I just paste a link to the whole list:

Sweet by type is indeed the most useful mod I ever seen, in my playstyle at least. 

With this one

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1843647561

For everyone that has to turn auto-repair off for hundreds of ladders...

Btw, bigger camera zoom out is also very pleasant, agreed.

Not seeing those "must have" in Vanilla, I was expecting it for DLC, but not yet... There's still hope !

3 hours ago, Steve8 said:

Drag Tool Area is included now

I hadn't noticed. But yes it is there.

50 minutes ago, Paranoidpete said:

Give me pliers in the base game please

I didn't include pliers because that arguably** does change gameplay. The ones I listed were strictly quality of life changes.

** If you build two pipe segments next to each other and seal the area, later you can connect the pipe segments without dupe interaction. Pliers allows the opposite action. Thus arguably it changes gameplay.

6 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

Sadly, you're going to have to do without mods. The whole point of alpha testing is to find bugs. With mods added to the mix, there's no way to figure out if a bug is caused by the new stuff or by a mod.

I know what the point of an alpha is. I've been developing software for 30+ years. I was just noting that I've gotten use to a different style of play that vanilla ONI doesn't provide. I would not expect any MODs to work at all with the DLC alpha. I did not say I wanted mods to work. I just mentioned stuff I find reduces my enjoyment of the game because the base game doesn't provide it.

12 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

Sadly, you're going to have to do without mods. The whole point of alpha testing is to find bugs. With mods added to the mix, there's no way to figure out if a bug is caused by the new stuff or by a mod.

You are right, but this is not the topic. We would like to see those mods implemented by KLEI into the game, so we didn't need to use mods anymore. We don't ask to allow alpha modding

1 hour ago, Joe Mucchiello said:

I didn't include pliers because that arguably** does change gameplay. The ones I listed were strictly quality of life changes.

** If you build two pipe segments next to each other and seal the area, later you can connect the pipe segments without dupe interaction. Pliers allows the opposite action. Thus arguably it changes gameplay.

Well.... yes... but this is QoL change. IMO, if you can connect two pipes without dupe interaction, you should be able to revert that in the same way. Also, falling sand technicly changes the gameplay as well - but those changes are not BIG changes. They doesn't change the game balance, provide free resources, extra power, nor anything, just save few clicks from time to time

Archived