What's your favorite meats and your favorite way they're prepared?

Owlrust

Odd thread, I know; but I am always interested in trying new things and seeing what types of things other people enjoy. If you don't eat meat-based products, feel free to share some meat-substitute or vegetable-based foods as well if you want.

Personally I love a good piece of Lobster or Polish sausage every now and again, but I think turkey tacos would be up there on my list as well.

This year I bought myself a slow cooker. Although until recently I did not know that such a thing exists at all. I often cook chicken with vegetables. Products (for 4 servings): Whole chicken (without giblets) - 1 pc. (about 2.5 kg) Salt - 1 tbsp l. Ground black pepper - 2.5 tsp. Large lemon - 0.5 pcs. Thyme sprig - 3 pcs. Garlic (crushed by a knife handle) - 3 cloves Baby carrots - 3 cups Shallots (peeled and cut in half) - 6 pcs. Dry white wine - 0.25 cups 1. Sprinkle the chicken with 1.5 teaspoons of salt and 1.25 teaspoons of pepper. Put half a lemon, thyme sprigs and crushed garlic inside the chicken. Tie the chicken legs with cotton thread. Sprinkle the remaining 1.5 teaspoon of salt and 1.25 teaspoon of pepper on top. 2. Place the carrots and shallots in a slow cooker (about 5 liters). Put chicken on top. Pour wine over the contents of the slow cooker. Close and cook for about 1 hour. Then, at minimum power, cook for another 5 hours (the meat thermometer should read 85 degrees C). Serve the chicken and vegetables immediately.

This year I bought myself a slow cooker. Although until recently I did not know that such a thing exists at all. I often cook chicken with vegetables. Products (for 4 servings): Whole chicken (without giblets) - 1 pc. (about 2.5 kg) Salt - 1 tbsp l. Ground black pepper - 2.5 tsp. Large lemon - 0.5 pcs. Thyme sprig - 3 pcs. Garlic (crushed by a knife handle) - 3 cloves Baby carrots - 3 cups Shallots (peeled and cut in half) - 6 pcs. Dry white wine - 0.25 cups 1. Sprinkle the chicken with 1.5 teaspoons of salt and 1.25 teaspoons of pepper. Put half a lemon, thyme sprigs and crushed garlic inside the chicken. Tie the chicken legs with cotton thread. Sprinkle the remaining 1.5 teaspoon of salt and 1.25 teaspoon of pepper on top. 2. Place the carrots and shallots in a slow cooker (about 5 liters). Put chicken on top. Pour wine over the contents of the slow cooker. Close and cook for about 1 hour. Then, at minimum power, cook for another 5 hours (the meat thermometer should read 85 degrees C). Serve the chicken and vegetables immediately.

Archived