This germ filter setup works, but how?

19 minutes ago, psusi said:

Only once they are primed and full and remain that way.  As I've been saying, once they first start filling from empty the water flows right through without spending any time in the tank being disinfected.

Nah, stick a door under the last and wire it to the first tank.

And once full they'll always stay that way.

It is a lot of water to set aside though.

Since the bottom liquid shutoff has two pipes the liquid that's being outputted by the bottom liquid shutoff will split evenly 1st going up, 2nd going down, 3rd going up, 4th going down, and so on until there's no room in the pipe going up (it has two segment anyway, the top 90° bend to the right and the pipe segment on the first liquid shutoff input), at which point the flow continue only down towards the first bridge. Don't know what that bridge role since you didn't post the full picture. The second one is clearly used to loop the water from the tank to the germs sensor and back.

When there's some incoming liquid with NO germs in it the top liquid shutoff will be disabled thus two packets will get into the pipe segments i mentioned above. When there's liquid with germs in it then the top liquid pipe will be enabled (liquid pipe germ sensor sends red signal that is negated by the NOT gate thus being transformed in a green signal) so the two liquid packets in the 90° bend and the pipe segment on the first liquid shutoff input's are removed from the system.

My guess this was meant to be a packet bumping but I for one don't see the point of the pipe going up since the first bridge can be used to remove germs free liquid from the system.

22 hours ago, miauly said:

Could you then maybe post one here?

When I wrote "countless sensor+shutoff filters", I meant just that: a sensor placed next to a shutoff, the two simply connected. This can reliable replace a liquid filter or gas filter building if you guarantee that the output pipes never get blocked. The build in your question also includes such a filter, so I'd rather not post it again :)

But I do have a liquid purifier build that might fit your bill: no timers, no doors, no priming, you can freely choose how much liquid to use as buffer (can be even zero), and I had it working for at least a few hundred cycles without issues. Needs two shutoffs, a germ sensor set to "below zero", and a liquid reservoir in sitting in chlorine:

buildings.png.f6aa49ceb8bdfb54e4cd136810c3386f.pngpipes.png.3931d5373e084ce4a26e3cb04454d29e.pngautomation.png.2f50752dc43a56d302e70b00dd23cea2.png

The reservoir settings control the size of the buffer; the important rule is that the high threshold must not be set to 100%, because that will get the filter pipe (and eventually the whole loop) blocked. If you set the low threshold to zero, then all purified fluid leaves the reservoir before the next batch is processed, but keep in mind that the more buffer you have, the more efficient the system gets, because the "dying out" bonus for having too few germs in too much liquid kicks in earlier.

If you have any questions about why or how does this one work, just ask.

7 hours ago, cezarica said:

Since the bottom liquid shutoff has two pipes the liquid that's being outputted by the bottom liquid shutoff will split evenly 1st going up, 2nd going down, 3rd going up, 4th going down, and so on until there's no room in the pipe going up

That's a NOT gate isn't it? So when the first shutoff opens, the second one is closed, so only one packet can go up at the branch and then stops and sits there.

Yes, that's a NOT gate, or at least that's what i see. Actually two packages, the one 90° bend going up and to the right and one at input of the top liquid shutoff, hence why he sees two packets from time to time, actually this is happening when the liquid pipe germ sensor senses germs in liquid and turns on the top liquid shutoff and off the bottom one. Once the germs are killed the states revert and two packets go back in the two pipes segments and sit there until there's another packet with some germs in it and sensor flips the two liquid shutoff again. :)

Archived