Giving wendy a downside

So right now I feel that wendy just doesnt have any downside. Less damage is made up for by abigale and even then 5-15 less damage a hit is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Most players probably dont even notice that is something she has. My suggestion would be to force a blood sacrifice from wendy herself to keep abigale with her. Since wendy seems to care so much about abigale I could see her willingly doing it without even considering it could end up killing her. Something like 50 forced damage every full moon would surprise new players and force even veterans to be mindful less they die of blood loss.

first youre spelling abigail wrong (just letting you know so next time you spell her name correctly) 

second i dont really know why wendy would have to make a sacrifice to abigail but gameplay wise it could make for a okay downside 

third what about being in the caves?if you were in the caves and its a full moon would you still take the 50 damage?

8 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Either just remove the petal debuff or increase her damage loss to -50%

i dont think the whole petal thing is a debuff. i think you meant petal buff right?also wolfgang barley reachs -50%less damage and thats when hes in wimpy form which makes him look like stick i highly doubt wendy would be that weak (just my opinion tho you can think whatever you want)

I think as long as op characters like Wolfgang exist that Wendy is fine as is.

Also her downside is being insane.. Abigail will not attack shadow creatures AT ALL and therefore her petal Bestowment buff never gets applied to the Shadow Creatures, which means Wendy’s hits weaker then average downside is in full effect when fighting Shadows.

It may not SOUND like a downside but it’s a downside all the same.

I get pretty sick of seeing these comments of Nerf/Buff so and so this isn’t SMITE, it Isn’t Apex Legends and my Apex Main (Wraith) doesn’t need to be nerfed every patch update.

If Klei wants to give Wendy a Harsh downside they should do that in a HARDER DIFFICULTY MODE, targeted very specifically for people actively looking to be punished.

And as a #Wendy Main I can even tell you how to go about doing that, Anytime Wendy “Returns” Abigail to her Flower she enters an animation of actually taking the flower and ripping it Apart- Wendy would need to gather ingredients to craft a new flower each time she returned Abigail.

In Addition to that- Losing Abigail the first time broke Wendy’s heart.. so having to lose her any other times just makes that enormous hole tear a little bigger..

(Wendy loses parts of her actual health core anytime Abigail Dies)

THAT is how you balance Wendy, but it’s a Balance that needs to be locked behind a Klei official Uncompromising Mode.

Wendy is downsided enough as it is. And no, that's not a word.

Abigail might steamroll a bunch of small mobs, most importantly spiders and hounds, but if you wanna use her in any boss fight, you have to grind out Mourning Glories and Telltale Hearts to make the Spectral Cure-All. So either way, Wendy is gonna need more time and preparation to do bosses (either because you need extra armor, weapons and healing to tackle the boss with Wendy's weaker attacks or because you need the elixirss to tackle it with Abigail).

And as Mike said, you gotta fight Shadow Creatures Wes-style, as well as Rooks and the like.

Not really trying to balance her, im trying to make her more interesting. The idea of having a ghost buddy is eye catching at first but doesnt really change how you are going to go about playing so after the first season you basically forget about her and allow her to just be this passive thing that exists. Abigail acts as nothing more then a damage buff to the character and I wasnt even talking about the petal buff, i was talking about the flat 20 per second Abigail herself does which is more then the -15 so now that I think about it Wendy actually does more damage then any other character in the game other than wolfgang.

@stranger again It would make sense for wendy to need to sacrifice herself since they are twins are they not. They would share the same blood and since Abigail gives "courage" to wendy I doubt the shadows or whatever would keep an already dead spirit around when there target seems to be wendy. At least this is what the usual media of spirits I've seen would lead me to believe.

@mike23Ua I dont really think that your balance for her is any different then what she is now. Crafting a new flower is the easiest thing in the world, she already plays an animation when recalling unless and losing hp every time Abigail dies is basically my idea just avoidable by recalling her. Might be better then my idea as you can learn to recall her during fights instead of ignoring her like it is right now but just thought something more permanent would be more meaning full.

In my opinion what I suggested wouldnt even make her harder, it would just be something that you would need to remember and plan for like woodies hunger drop on the full moon. Wendy's would be more deadly sure but hardly "hard mode"   

Bro.. if you main Wendy your already sacrificing your own health to Abigail- that is literally how you craft one of her best Ectoherbology potions in the game, by first damaging yourself to create the Telltale Heart needed in the crafting of Spectral Cure-all.

You guys have to keep in mind that Klei has to also balance this game for Console/Controller play- now that becomes highly important for the balance of some character designs..

Wendy on Console has to be within actual spear slapping distance of Abigails ghost to return her into her flower by pressing left on the controller Dpad, Left on the Dpad also gives your flower to the nearest person standing next to you OR it USED to carelessly burn the flower in a firepit if you stood to close to it while trying to Summon/Return, Soothe/Rile Up Abigail, I hear that PC Players have things a bit easier- all they have to do is drag the flower out of their inventory using their mouse and return Abigail into her flower from anywhere on the map/ Apply potions more easily.

A Console player has to go into what is effectively a invisible pause menu to drag potions in their inventory onto Abigails flower to apply its effect, it is a Serious hassle when you compare it to the ease of simply hovering over souls as wortox then tapping on your Dpad to consume/release souls.. and it’s something I want Klei to Address in a QoL update for Wendy to quickly apply the potion to Abigail, rather then having to grab the potion and drag it onto the flower.

They hint that the future of DST is Cross-Play between PC/Consoles.. but how can it be if PC still has ease of access advantages?

im not talking about mods or faster frame rates, I’m talking very specifically about how characters abilities are used/summoned, using a controller as opposed to using a KB/Mouse.

Now I don’t PLAY on PC so I do not actually know if the people here are feeding me false information- but if Wendy on PC can simply drag and drop the flower over Abigail on PC from anywhere on Screen/ drag and drop potions onto Abigail from anywhere on screen, that is a HUGE Advantage over having to be within spear slapping distance or going into what is basically an invisible pause menu (you can’t move but the mobs attacking you still do) to apply potions.

The TL:DR of my point- Your Blood Sacrifice suggestion is already one of Wendy’s best potions to use on Abigail.

If abi gives a damage buff then she should have that much damage.

The rework was to make them fight together but ended in abi fighting alone

She shouldnt have 40 damage+debuff. Its stupid and more if we take in count that she has a shield

Wendy has become in a boring character when she was so fun with the hp mechanic. But too much tears because "is a nerf, 80 potential damage is so bad. I dont wanna die for being at 50hp " and a huge blablabla

Now we dont have that hp perk and also abi got buffed to stupid levels

Now is in the boring box with wx, wicker and wolfgang

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Making telltale hearts isnt a downside and less when you have 99999999 glands for free

Wendy is op playing on pc, on xbox or in GBC

45 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Now is in the boring box with wx, wicker and wolfgang

your profile picture is wx tho why would you call them boring?well dont actually answer that i know why i just mean you having wx as your profile picture indicates that you at least like wx so why would you call them boring? 

also me personally i dont think wendy is as op as people make her out to be 

people say that abigails damage is too high letting her kill things too quickly but she cant even make it past deerclops without some Spectral Cure-alls she also dies to bearger,moose goose and she even dies to treeguards. abigail does good against small enemies like splemonkeys, spiders and pengulls but when it comes to bosses you either need to help out or have a load of Spectral Cure-alls ready to use on her but hey maybe im biased your opinion is your opinion 

hope you all have a fantastic day or night wherever you are

k bye

19 minutes ago, stranger again said:

your profile picture is wx tho why would you call them boring?well dont actually answer that i know why i just mean you having wx as your profile picture indicates that you at least like wx so why would you call them boring? 

also me personally i dont think wendy is as op as people make her out to be 

people say that abigails damage is too high letting her kill things too quickly but she cant even make it past deerclops without some Spectral Cure-alls she also dies to bearger,moose goose and she even dies to treeguards. abigail does good against small enemies like splemonkeys, spiders and pengulls but when it comes to bosses you either need to help out or have a load of Spectral Cure-alls ready to use on her but hey maybe im biased your opinion is your opinion 

hope you all have a fantastic day or night wherever you are

k bye

i like the desing of wx and that expression in his face from the a new power trailer. His gameplay is boooring

In a survival game you are supose to survive not live confortable like wx with his 400hp and being able to heal a lot with a no perishable food

the same happens with wendy. She can forget about hounds with abi, not that abi helps, abi kills them all with no help

Maybe she is bad at weak giants (who waste a single elixir to kill deerclops when you have beequen hat easily?) but that doesnt matter when she shines fighting raid bosses. Also you can use abi to do more dps to that bosses and quickly return her making that 0.75 dps inexistent

so at the end, the only downside that wendy has is fighting shadows. Maybe, since klei fix the shadows bug, she will have a bad time (i didnt play wendy, i had a +1000 days world with her but i get bored of not being in danger even when i fail) but for a character that is suppose to be weak she has a lot more dps than wigfrid

this doesnt mean that i want her to be as bad as she was before but they didnt nerf any number in abi, they only buffed her which has no sense

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i like the desing of wx and that expression in his face from the a new power trailer. His gameplay is boooring

In a survival game you are supose to survive not live confortable like wx with his 400hp and being able to heal a lot with a no perishable food

the same happens with wendy. She can forget about hounds with abi, not that abi helps, abi kills them all with no help

Maybe she is bad at weak giants (who waste a single elixir to kill deerclops when you have beequen hat easily?) but that doesnt matter when she shines fighting raid bosses. Also you can use abi to do more dps to that bosses and quickly return her making that 0.75 dps inexistent

so at the end, the only downside that wendy has is fighting shadows. Maybe, since klei fix the shadows bug, she will have a bad time (i didnt play wendy, i had a +1000 days world with her but i get bored of not being in danger even when i fail) but for a character that is suppose to be weak she has a lot more dps than wigfrid

this doesnt mean that i want her to be as bad as she was before but they didnt nerf any number in abi, they only buffed her which has no sense

i dont think you understood what i said.i said that wendy is not as op as people make her out to be.compare wendy and abigail to wolfgang. abigail doesnt do too good against the bosses that i mentioned but wolfgang does good against every boss.compare wendy and abigail to wickerbottom. sure abigail is good at killing spiders and getting monster meat but when you look at how much food wickerbottom can produce its obvious whos better. i personally would put her at the top of A tier 

but anyways im pretty sure this debate were having is considered off topic so ill just leave this small last part 

i personally like wendy ive had a lot of playtime as wendy and i find her very fun to play as (and im pretty sure people agree considering wendy is either the number 1 most played character or the number 2 most played character as of right now)but if you find wendy boring thats okay because its your opinion everyone has different opinions and as humans were meant to accept peoples opinions and i accept yours so 

i hope you have a brilliant day or night wherever you are in the world

k bye 

6 minutes ago, stranger again said:

i dont think you understood what i said.i said that wendy is not as op as people make her out to be.compare wendy and abigail to wolfgang. abigail doesnt do too good against the bosses that i mentioned but wolfgang does good against every boss.compare wendy and abigail to wickerbottom. sure abigail is good at killing spiders and getting monster meat but when you look at how much food wickerbottom can produce its obvious whos better. i personally would put her at the top of A tier 

but anyways im pretty sure this debate were having is considered off topic so ill just leave this small last part 

i personally like wendy ive had a lot of playtime as wendy and i find her very fun to play as (and im pretty sure people agree considering wendy is either the number 1 most played character or the number 2 most played character as of right now)but if you find wendy boring thats okay because its your opinion everyone has different opinions and as humans were meant to accept peoples opinions and i accept yours so 

i hope you have a brilliant day or night wherever you are in the world

k bye 

wolf and wicker actually have to fight opponents though. abigail is basically a script that automatically plays the game for you against everything below a giant.

wendy is ultra popular because a large majority of players are not very good at combat at all and would rather skip this part of the game.

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

wolf and wicker actually have to fight opponents though. abigail is basically a script that automatically plays the game for you against everything below a giant.

true 

but you arent really missing out on much if abigail kills all the spiders or Batilisks or hounds for you (in my opinion of course you might have a different opinion)

Yo look I’m sorry but a single log suit, 2 battle helms and a battle spear and I can stand dead center of a massive spider infestation and tank them all just as effectively as Abigail can.

Abigail is designed to fight hordes of small mobs (it’s literally why she gets a shield each time she gets attacked by them) 

Abigail will not Attack Shadow creatures at all, That means a Wendy down in the ruins area where shadows endlessly spawn regardless of if your insane or not- Is fighting her weakest battle.

Klei may eventually add more shadow mobs, or gestalt like mobs- Things Abigail doesn’t bother to help with.

While Abigail is designed to fight group mobs, (and dies miserably to a simple village full of pigs or Merms if you make 0% effort to attack WITH her) 

Willows Bernie doll is designed to fight Shadows first and foremost, even completely ignoring physical threats that are attacking Willow to target the Shadows first.. now as Willow you can of course make the risky move of trying to run under Bernie’s feet until it eventually attacks the horde of dogs chasing you but group mob fighting is not his intended design and he is obviously going to be less effective at it then Abigail.

Klei has yet to directly nerf a single character they have refreshed- in fact they seem to be becoming easier to pick up, play and enjoy without the downsides that could cause them to be too difficult to play & enjoy.

Like it or not Klei’s money revenue in DST is strictly from the character skins & belonging cosmetics that these characters in the game can use, And as for me personally I have ALOT of cool skins for WES, the problem is if I pick to play as Wes I feel like I picked a wasted character slot that I could literally be more useful to other players had I just picked “X other character”

Wendy doesn’t need to be made any harder, especially when the hard things Klei DOES add to the game gets complained about and they later end up making those hard things easier (Rockjaw, Wavey Jones etc..) 

And if your comparing Wendy to any character other then then the reworked ones- Please stop.. 

Non-Reworked characters are subject to change, now how little or how much they change is entirely up to Klei... but the point is you can’t cry “Wendy OP” if you don’t know for example that Klei plans to MERGE Maxwells Mining Minions with Fighting Minions- as in you could have Terrorbeak biting rocks to mine those for you.. and they would also double up as combat shadows.

I don’t main Maxwell but it seems rather silly to me that the former Shadow King & all his time spent creating stuff with that power can only muster up a few clones of himself- when in literally ALL of the Klei official Artworks for him he’s summoning anything BUT Shadow Workers of himself.

Then Theres Wilson.. who at the time of typing this only has one special skill, the ability to grow a beard for winter insulation, and shave off for beard hairs in crafting stuff, Wilson ALSO spent some time on that same throne as Maxwell so when he gets reworked I’m going to be looking for that Forbidden Knowledge he was supposed to learn.

So before you beg Klei for some crazy Wendy nerf consider the two following:

1- Several characters have yet to be reworked, & Return of Them content has not concluded yet.. so you don’t know if Wendy even NEEDS to be nerfed.

2- You can only compare her to characters who HAVE been reworked, and only judge that on how much those characters have/have not been nerfed.

Have you seen a nerf yet?? I’ve only seen good stuffs buffs all around 

But nevertheless I’m going to consider that if I want my game to be harder while playing as Wendy I’ll wait for more world Gen customization options, or I’ll buy a PC and mod my own crazy downsides onto her.

What Klei most definatly doesn’t need to do is Re-visit characters they’ve already refreshed before finishing refreshing the ones that still haven’t had their time in the spotlight.

When a character gets reworked yet get lore, they get new skins, they get their own personal belongings, and all their existing skins become easier to get hold of.

Wilson, Webber, Wolfgang, WX78, Wickerbottom, Wes, Maxwell

that is still 7 refreshes left to see.

not counting if they plan to refresh Warly, Wurt, Wormwood, Wortox that brings it to 11..

and if you can include the DS single player characters Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba & Wagstaff thats 6 more 

Bringing the total potential refresh list to a whopping 17 more characters.

Klei has not made any official announcement as to if the remaining missing characters will be ported over to DST, but they brought over Wormwood & Warly already... so anything is possible.

Do you even play Wendy much OP? Why else would you want to see more downsides added to her?

Better yet- what character do you ACTUALLY play as?? Because there’s a reason they’re all labeled in the compendium page with Slim/Grim etc odds of survival- some are meant to be easier to play then others.

Abigail may be OP I will give you that much, but so is Bernie.. and personally the easiest character in the entire game for me Is NOT Wendy... Wendy has to spend time in gardens picking flowers and in graveyards helping Pipspook find lost things then set up Sisturn, fuel Sisturn, monitor spoil rate of flowers in Sisturn- Gather mourning glory+ ingredients, create potions, apply potions

The TL:DR- Wendy only becomes OP after some significant set up costs to achieve that OP.

So the easiest character for ME Personally is not Wendy... Its Wortox, I can effectively solo kill Deerclops and Bearger as Wortox with as little as two football helms, and a few basic spears.. AND NOTHING ELSE except Souls- And Why you ask?? Because his self healing/being able to eat his healing source as a decent food source/ being able to teleport across gaps of water... is just THAT Overpowered.. that’s why.

Wortox doesn’t have to do ANYTHING.. he doesn’t have to pluck flowers or burn something to get ashes, he doesn’t have to wait 3 days for his ghostly companion to reach maximum effectiveness, all Wortox has to do is Kite a Deerclops/ Bearger into some Bee’s, some penguins, some Hound Waves, some Treeguards.. etc and rep the Benefits of all those juicy free extremely useful souls.

22 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Bro.. if you main Wendy your already sacrificing your own health to Abigail- that is literally how you craft one of her best Ectoherbology potions in the game, by first damaging yourself to create the Telltale Heart needed in the crafting of Spectral Cure-all.

You guys have to keep in mind that Klei has to also balance this game for Console/Controller play- now that becomes highly important for the balance of some character designs..

Wendy on Console has to be within actual spear slapping distance of Abigails ghost to return her into her flower by pressing left on the controller Dpad, Left on the Dpad also gives your flower to the nearest person standing next to you OR it USED to carelessly burn the flower in a firepit if you stood to close to it while trying to Summon/Return, Soothe/Rile Up Abigail, I hear that PC Players have things a bit easier- all they have to do is drag the flower out of their inventory using their mouse and return Abigail into her flower from anywhere on the map/ Apply potions more easily.

A Console player has to go into what is effectively a invisible pause menu to drag potions in their inventory onto Abigails flower to apply its effect, it is a Serious hassle when you compare it to the ease of simply hovering over souls as wortox then tapping on your Dpad to consume/release souls.. and it’s something I want Klei to Address in a QoL update for Wendy to quickly apply the potion to Abigail, rather then having to grab the potion and drag it onto the flower.

They hint that the future of DST is Cross-Play between PC/Consoles.. but how can it be if PC still has ease of access advantages?

im not talking about mods or faster frame rates, I’m talking very specifically about how characters abilities are used/summoned, using a controller as opposed to using a KB/Mouse.

Now I don’t PLAY on PC so I do not actually know if the people here are feeding me false information- but if Wendy on PC can simply drag and drop the flower over Abigail on PC from anywhere on Screen/ drag and drop potions onto Abigail from anywhere on screen, that is a HUGE Advantage over having to be within spear slapping distance or going into what is basically an invisible pause menu (you can’t move but the mobs attacking you still do) to apply potions.

The TL:DR of my point- Your Blood Sacrifice suggestion is already one of Wendy’s best potions to use on Abigail.

You're being lied to they can pick up the potion from their inventory but they still have to get within range to put it on abi. There is a mod I believe tho. Quick cast potions.

22 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Thing is. Why does health matter when you have an AOE, a u t o m a t i c, high damage, self healing ghost. That can be buffed further. You need health eat some blue caps and use the sisturn to get sanity. It isnt like Bernie where its single hit, no healing, slow/bad ai. If you wanted to you can permanently avoid sanity fairly easily.

Eating blue caps as Wendy is a waste of blue caps lol.. just eat butterflies, just eat butterflies as any character except Warly, Wigfrid & Wormwood.

Abigail can even passively kill them for you while you just stand idly by.

But again I feel the need to remind you that characters fall under Slim/Grim odds- And some will be easier to play while others will be harder to play.

I’ve Main’d Wendy since the inception of the DS franchise- And while her rework is great, in actuality Abigails Soothe/Rile Up mode only takes away the trivial task of having to chase enemies under Abigail because NOW she chases them on your command (mind that you still have to go through an animation where your vulnerable to attack to Soothe/Rile) 

The things Reworked Abigail does for Newbie players- (chase and kill rabbits, chase and kill hounds, chase and kill spiders, chase and kill Butterfly, Chase and kill Bee’s) these were things that Wendy Mains prior to her Rework were ALREADY making her do by getting the mob to Run itself under Abigail.

Klei merely took out the chase/and Kite mechanic and simplified Abigails design.

The two things however that I CAN’T Deny that Abigail got better at with her rework was combating hordes and hordes of Frog Rain, and not suiciding herself into the nearest Swamp Tentacle.

In fact: any real Wendy main would tell you that those are probably the best two things about her Rework, I absolutely LOVE being able to supply a base with tons of Frog legs, or to create Sisturns in random peoples worlds and fill them with flowers so they stumble upon the free sanity station.

Frogs are where Abigail shines best, any other character will become stun-locked and drop inventory.. but Abigail can take them all down with just a few potions.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Eating blue caps as Wendy is a waste of blue caps lol.. just eat butterflies

no sense

about hounds, hounds are a filter and abi totally denies it with no cost. Klei changed the hp mechanic because "wendy and abigail are suppose to fight together instead of low hp wendy watching abi destroy stuff" now wendy can be full health meanwhile abi kills everything+makes a debuff in case the wendy player wants to do 115%damage+abi unnerfed damage

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

any real Wendy main would tell you

i main wendy btw

23 minutes ago, Casul said:

You're being lied to they can pick up the potion from their inventory but they still have to get within range to put it on abi. There is a mod I believe tho. Quick cast potions.

i dont really get what you mean. if im reading this correctly youre saying that you have to be close to abigail to apply the potions to her correct?

if so id like to ask a question.you do know that you can just select the potion and hover it over abigail`s flower and apply the potion to abigail and abigail doesnt have to be close for you to do so also 

"you're being lied to"don't you think its kinda rude to accuse someone of lying?

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i main wendy btw

why do you main wendy if you find her boring thats kinda sad if you ask me

21 minutes ago, stranger again said:

why do you main wendy if you find her boring thats kinda sad if you ask me

i played hundred of hours with her after the rework, i ended being bored of that world because the only risk was my stupid decision and fighting bosses with no enough preparation

hounds? abi; monkeys? abi; worms? abi; 

i like the playstile but is boring because of that high numbers

i started a world with woodie to try rushing the ruins with wereform and i fall in love

i should come back to that world to try wendy with the fixed shadows but its a little thing (and even less with her sanity perk+sistrum)

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I assumed you main WX cause of the profile pic, apologies friend!

Also- what downsides would you give Wendy/Abigail since you main her too?

i just like wx as concept

abi shouldnt have that damage. With reduced damage will make wendy players stop being afk meanwhile her sister fights alone

as a newbie character, i dont think she should have strong downsides but atleast making her survive instead of going yolo

is a survival game after all (for that i dont play wx)

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is a survival game after all (for that i dont play wx)

yeah but when was the last time you honestly died because of freezing,overheating or starvation? for me it would be about 400 days (i think it could be higher the most i would say is 800 days but its been a long time since i died freezing,overheating or starvation so i dont remember)

anyways i know this is a bit off topic but i personally want a thread where you can discuss whatever you want and change topics at any time. what do you guys think?(i am gonna guess @Mike23Uais gonna agree considering how much they like to go off topic at times)

Klei added TerrorClaw and Wavey Jones, Abigail will not help you with those, BERNIE! however.. will (as it is his intended design to fight shadows) 

The recent patch fixed shadows so they can’t just be out ran and loaded out of the game, this also impacts TerrorClaws & Wavey as well as any future shadow mobs Klei decides they want to add to the game.

The newest DLC Forgotten Knowledges literally has you triggering a War between Gashalts & Shadow monsters- Meaning they’re going to be in Wendy’s face a whole lot more often- and considering that Klei fixed the despawn exploit I’m going to take an educated guess that the next Return of Them update will add some new Shadow Mob types..

in fact- if you triggered a War I’m going to be disappointed if it doesn’t.

You want Nerfs to Wendy when you don’t factor in what’s already there, you have this Shadow Turf War going on and I expect to see something come from that.

In fact I would love it if each character in the game got mobs they had strengths and weaknesses against fighting...

I know this game is not Pokémon but- for example I would love to see mobs that Wolfgang’s myraid of phobias actually plays into GAMEPLAY and As Wolfgang his “Fears” will cause him to think the enemy is tougher then it actually is (as in when Wolfgang fights it it will do more damage to him then other characters & takes longer for him to kill) not EVERY Mob... just specific ones that are intended to be the character your playing as biggest personal Strengths & Weakness.

Wendy already has hers.. Strength is Frog Rain, Weakness is Insanity Monsters.

Willow already has her Strengths- immunity to Fire based mobs (assuming more get added to the game) and Shadow monsters, but where are her WEAKNESSES?? I would say fight Cold based mobs.. like Deerclops that hits her with Iceblocks would be a good one for her.

I know that Klei probably has already considered this.... but I want mobs that are very specifically targeted as a particular character choices Strength & Weakness.

Give them EACH something they excel best at and fail Worst at fighting.

Basically.. Pokémon I guess.. but it’s concept that existed long before Pokémon was even a thought.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wendy already has hers.. Strength is Frog Rain, Weakness is Insanity Monsters.

correction abigails strength is frog rain and her weakness is nightmare creatures (considering she can't attack them)

wendys strength is....ummm......nothing. the answer is nothing 

but i do really like the idea of characters having strengths and weaknesses against certain mobs it would give you a reason to run away if the character you're playing as has a weakness against that certain mob 

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Willow already has her Strengths- immunity to Fire based mobs (assuming more get added to the game) and Shadow monsters, but where are her WEAKNESSES?? I would say fight Cold based mobs.. like Deerclops that hits her with Iceblocks would be a good one for her.

pengulls and ice hounds could both be good weaknesses for willow 

a good weakness for wolfgang COULD HAVE BEEN horror hounds,horror spiders(dont know their names)and the horror pengulls i did say they could have been because klei don't really wanna make anymore horror type enemys

Archived