Semi-automatic Bunnyman Farm - Wormwood

image.thumb.png.2b1ff3f53e304bc59293357cfc9d7953.png

image.thumb.png.64df0d67114bd8edd1bb6533c79407d7.png

The anenemy trap is more efficient and infinite. You need less walls as well. Not everyone wants to bother going to Lunar Island though so here's an alternative. It can get messed up if you bring meat with you or leave veggies too close, but it works okay for me. I used console commands to test the concept quickly.

The walls are spaced so that they don't get damaged by the Bramble Traps. Each trap deals 40 damage so it takes 5 traps to kill the Bunnyman and they are good for 10 goes. The carrot is placed at the end of the traps because the gate is just too far. It's also a bit too tight around the bunny house so maybe an extra wall of space might be better. Still, it's something Wormwood can do. Just need to hammer 2 bunny houses and bleed a little then it's good to go. Pathing might mess up if you don't pick up the carrots he drops each night though. 

It's pretty consistent as long as you make sure the carrot bait is in the right place, pick up the loot and reset the traps. Is it worth it? Dunno. I just wanted to try it out for fun.  :confused:

Edit:

Sometimes he hangs out the back of the rabbit house. Might want to compress the wall there a bit more if possible. It seems like the bunnyman can also spawn within 2 spaces from the house so if you put the walls too close he spawns out of them.

As a starter into Bunnymen farms, your concept is ok - more so for its rather low cost-low danger involved. Still.

I present you with the ABDU - Automatic Bunnymen Disposal Unit:

EEF872D551F1D320C7DB202B4DC9DE043474A069

The ensemble is friendly with environment, especially with the rabbit population, requires only.. 2 Bosses to mush plus one trip to Ruins; and has no further cost aside a yummy meat in your character's inventory that makes Bonnylads.. very happy to see ye, as per the print-screen (also some more in spoiler). Very efficient, applied on large crowds. Enjoy your animal abuse eco-farm!

Spoiler

59B47F3C2C552C08BC8C94BED42F43EBD40DDA22

3F350A6DD33282A58BB6F6F85041CCF4D1D90473

E9B7D0E8CBE5EDC20BEC4B7636FFF02D86517BD8

Spoiler

That's the face of someone who woke up middle of the night, went for a snack, and stepped on a lego.

Lego.jpg

Anyway, About the first trap, since you get a bunnymen a day and the traps works 10 times you'd be needing to re-make the traps every 10 days. 

Living logs cost 20 hp to Wormwood (considering he crafts them himself, which I think would be the most convenient for him) so thats 100HP lost every 10 days, or 10 HP a day.
So to my point of view this trap gives 1 large meat a day at the cost of 10 hp (the carrots are not needed as Wormwood can create much more carrots a day).

I think it would be more cost effective if each trap explosion would somehow damage more than one bunnyman at a time. if you can manage to make each trap affect at least 4 bunnyman or something.

8 hours ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

It's pretty consistent as long as you make sure the carrot bait is in the right place, pick up the loot and reset the traps. Is it worth it? Dunno. I just wanted to try it out for fun.

I think its effectiveness is irrelevant. You figured out how to design something new, and solved all the problems that came along. That's what's important.

A bit offtopic but I think wormwood should be more inclined as a character towards these contraptions.

Currently we do not see his traps much, because they do not offer many advantages over a common tooth trap, which is also cheaper to craft. The friendly fire will also very often get people killed on public servers. 

Maybe his traps could be rebalanced to have twice as many uses (20) so, paired with the AoE, they will offer something else to consider, to compensate their high cost, friendly fire, and lower single enemy damage.

7 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

A bit offtopic but I think wormwood should be more inclined as a character towards these contraptions.

Currently we do not see his traps much, because they do not offer many advantages over a common tooth trap, which is also cheaper to craft. The friendly fire will also very often get people killed on public servers. 

Maybe his traps could be rebalanced to have twice as many uses (20) so, paired with the AoE, they will offer something else to consider, to compensate their high cost, friendly fire, and lower single enemy damage.

I was actually surprised to see how huge the AOE range was. I had to break down the walls at least two times to adjust it. On my first try, the traps broke both gates and smashed the walls in the middle. The reason why the carrot is so far away is because  any closer and the structures go boom.

I tried experimenting with them recently, and i find using anenemys really annoying, and they also need a lot of space so you can't place them too close together.  I think worm traps might work better overall.

For late game tho, i like a 4 houndius set-up with fossils and powdercake, with less houndiuses it just feels too slow. The more the better i guess but i feel like 4 is quick enough.

Archived