Will getting more ram make run DST at 60 FPS?

I was planning on taking my PC to a hardware store in order to see which parts I would need in order to run DST at 60 FPS. I've read from a few articles that upgrading your PC's ram is one the best ways to do it but I'm not sure. I'm not computer savvy person so help would be greatly appreciated.

16036623239905011311578236205093.jpg

More RAM would definitely help, especially since you are running Windows 10. 8GB should be enough. While its true DST is 32bits and can only address 4GB of RAM at most, it will never be the only thing running on your PC. Windows themselves take up 1-2 GB and then there's Steam and browsers and whatnot. Throwing another 4GB of RAM would definitely help.

However, the processor is probably gonna be an issue. It's got only 2 cores, no multithreading and a not-so-grand total of 3MB cache, which makes it, in engineering terms, crap. Worse yet, it's ancient by the looks of it, which means the motherboard must be ancient as well, so it's gonna be tricky to upgrade that, cause you'd need a new processor, a new motherboard and, possibly, new RAM altogether, since DDR3 (which you are using) is kinda old news these days.

Is it consistent?

5 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

More RAM would definitely help, especially since you are running Windows 10. 8GB should be enough. While its true DST is 32bits and can only address 4GB of RAM at most, it will never be the only thing running on your PC. Windows themselves take up 1-2 GB and then there's Steam and browsers and whatnot. Throwing another 4GB of RAM would definitely help.

However, the processor is probably gonna be an issue. It's got only 2 cores, no multithreading and a not-so-grand total of 3MB cache, which makes it, in engineering terms, crap. Worse yet, it's ancient by the looks of it, which means the motherboard must be ancient as well, so it's gonna be tricky to upgrade that, cause you'd need a new processor, a new motherboard and, possibly, new RAM altogether, since DDR3 (which you are using) is kinda old news these days.

If I were to replace the processor, would it be hard to replace and what would be an inexpensive option. If can't be replaced, should I buy another PC? 

You can test it yourself. Run the game and use task manager to see what device is consuming resources the most (don't run anything else). Make a world and gradually add "more" stuff to it. Play for like 5 - 7 minutes to get a more clear picture each time.

Archived