Downwards Door Metal Tamer

So one thing lead to another with my bead inspired design, and now I've come up with something Revolutionary(tm)!

image.thumb.png.a4b40e070a317bc8db81b28518161504.png

A downwards door pump above a column of cooled Hydrogen!

The major upside being that it lets you use steel without worrying about it melting, as the hydrogen rapidly cools it.

Now this isn't at all optimised for space constraints, but not bad for a first draft?

Edit: Abomination:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c971e9dd1479551a7f044fbd5f8e8955.png

I also made this... thing, where once the gold is cooled, it's dropped into a vacuuming chamber, then dropped into dupe-friendly, 20 degree oxygen.

7 hours ago, Yunru said:

any idea what's going on

No clue.  Best guess would be the door's mass changes when opening (or maybe 1/5th's).  When closed, the door behaves like two solid blocks.  When open, those blocks disappear.

I wonder if you can use this to create extra heat on purpose (not much).  You can probabily mitigate the heat spikes by using well placed conveyor bridges to spread out the heat. 

16 minutes ago, OxCD said:

What a magic trick you did xD

After several fruitless targeted searches, I brute forced my way through 11 pages of google searching my username on this site. Luckily I don't post very frequently. I don't envy people like yourself having to do the same technique.

7 hours ago, wachunga said:

After several fruitless targeted searches, I brute forced my way through 11 pages of google searching my username on this site. Luckily I don't post very frequently. I don't envy people like yourself having to do the same technique.

It's very unfortunate that the search function on this forum is so broken (or, they trim the index way to frequently). See:
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/search/?q=doors heat&author=wachunga&updated_after=any&sortby=newest&search_and_or=and

This search finds only your post above, but not the original you linked, despite matching the criterial. This works better:
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=site%3Aforums.kleientertainment.com+"wachunga"+doors+heat
(it's the 2nd link for me)

Archived