Market in Rook`s campaign.

The Jakes market in Rook`s campaign feels a bit lacking. There`s only 2 vendors, one of them being Plocka. It`s a bit boring. There`s room for more stuff there. Maybe the autodog seller (with the ability to salvage the dog) instead of Phroluk as a mechanical beasmaster. Or maybe the gunsmith could be there instead of being an event.

Personally, I really feel that having the gunsmith being a random missable event is a little harsh. I got her once really early on and couldn't get the upgrade I wanted. Having her return to the market after you first encounter her would be a really nice change. Though it's not lost on me that Rook's Pistol's aren't feature complete yet so who knows what you'll need to do to get all of the modifications for them.

I think in all my runs I've only been able to afford the two chamber modification once, I'd also prefer it if she were are at the market and you could modify the gun several times in 1 chamber increments for increasingly high prices. One example would be 100, then 300 then 500 for a total of 900 shills to get your chamber amount down to 1 or up to 7.

Being able to go whole runs without the opportunity of any gun mods is weird considering it's given the same billing as your coin and grafts in terms of UI. When I first played Rook, I actually expected that you'd be able to swap around your gun and guns would have different interactions with charges based on how it was presented in the UI.

It's limited for obvious reasons: too few chambers and you'll be able to stack Overcharge too quickly, too many chambers and you'll be getting too much Defense. I mentioned this elsewhere that perhaps the gunsmith event could be turned into a regular quest so that you wouldn't have to take it right away, allowing you to save some gold and maybe get/remove an extra chamber instead of practically always having to settle for only the free modification. 

Too few chambers barely has an effect on your overcharge. It does make “when you become fully charged” and “when you spend your last charge” effects much stronger, though.

Increasing your max charge does make some “per empty charge” effects a bit ridiculous, like that card that applies wounds.

Archived