Very old map

Yesterday I finally got my old(like november 2017 old) save files of my past colonies from an even older laptop. I was happily visiting them, but unfortunetly my 4 oldest saves files crashed while opening. And here is my question: is that caused by some sort of bug, or they are just not compatible with current version of the game?

The Rocky Base.sav

Also I hope this is not incorrect subforum for this, if it is then sorry.

I've just attempted to load The Rocky Base. It has crashed the game for me on linux.

I've also put it through the duplicity website and the save file version that comes up is 7.1

image.thumb.png.22bf607d33c55ae6947fa74e0185f3e1.png

A way to update the save file would be needed... hmm

16 hours ago, Xenologist said:

@watermelen671! We require you're pre-alpha!

Uh...2017, that'd have to be during the Pre-Alpha era.

Hang on, lemme check...

3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Uh...2017, that'd have to be during the Pre-Alpha era.

Hang on, lemme check...

Oof, I actually can't check them with my PA build, because once you load it into the current build it can no longer be opened in previous builds.

Lemme see what else I can find...

[14:12:45.507] [1] [INFO] Error deserializing template WorkChore`1+StatesInstance[[Refinery, Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]
Parent class failed to load, due to: Could not set up parent class, due to: Invalid generic instantiation assembly:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll type:GenericInstance member:(null) signature:<none> assembly:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll type:GameInstance member:(null) signature:<none>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.RuntimeType.GetMethodsByName_native(System.RuntimeType,intptr,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,bool)
  at System.RuntimeType.GetMethodsByName (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Boolean ignoreCase, System.RuntimeType reflectedType) [0x0001b] in <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0 
  at System.RuntimeType.GetMethodCandidates (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.CallingConventions callConv, System.Type[] types, System.Boolean allowPrefixLookup) [0x00010] in <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0 
  at System.RuntimeType.GetMethods (System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr) [0x00000] in <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0 
  at KSerialization.Helper.GetSerializationMethods (System.Type type, System.Type type_a, System.Type type_b, System.Type type_c, System.Reflection.MethodInfo& method_a, System.Reflection.MethodInfo& method_b, System.Reflection.MethodInfo& method_c) [0x0000c] in <1dcc11867b524f7cb2488468843e982e>:0 
  at KSerialization.DeserializationTemplate..ctor (System.String template_type_name, IReader reader) [0x00039] in <1dcc11867b524f7cb2488468843e982e>:0 

Hm...never seen this before. Did you attempt to MacGyver a Pre-Alpha save file into the current build? :wilson_curious:

I'd love to get my hands on the original file so I could look into it a bit more @Nogard78 to see what's going on.

Regardless I think you should still submit a bug report. Don't forget to include the logs. :wilson_goodjob:

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Did you attempt to MacGyver a Pre-Alpha save file into the current build?

Hmmm... I think don't understand you here, so its safe to assume that I didn't.

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I'd love to get my hands on the original file so I could look into it a bit more @Nogard78 to see what's going on.

I think that IS the original, or again I don't understand you correctly, or i skipped sth somehow while copying it from my old laptop.

As for bug report I don't really have much time today so I will do it tommorow.

Just now, suicide commando said:

What does Mumra have to do with old save files?

You do have to invoke ancient evils to rescue old files sometimes. Mumm-Ra just happened to want to fight a lost cause. I would have moved my pyramid away from pesky cats if I'd been him.

On 9/24/2020 at 12:49 AM, JRup said:

You do have to invoke ancient evils to rescue old files sometimes. Mumm-Ra just happened to want to fight a lost cause. I would have moved my pyramid away from pesky cats if I'd been him.

Yeah, he obviously never encountered cats before. Maybe next time, try to invoke Cthulu or some other elder god.

Archived