Tips for Fuelweaver?

So, I am trying to kill the ancient fuelweaver for the first time, and I can never get it right. It's either the Fuelweaver ends up eating a few minions and restarting my progress or i am too slow and by the time i kill the last hand, he just summons more minions, so I end up being stuck killing the hands and minions but never actually being able to damage the fuelweaver, because he either ate some minions or he just summons more minions as soon as i am capable of damaging him anymore, so I end up making zero progress. I don't want to use cheese, because that feels unfair. Does anyone have any advice for what I can do?

• Get at least 2 or 3 weather pains to kill the minions while you are trying to kill the hands. The Whirlwind will prevent FW from eating them, and give you more time. If he never heals, all your attacks will count.
  • Make sure to have enough cooked cactus, taffy, jelly salad, jerky, or something that restores sanity for your character, so you are never locked into the mental attacks.
  • Have a lazy explorer to jump out of bone cages.
  • (OPTIONAL) Having 3 or 4 Bernies is a plus, to prevent random shadow attacks while you try to kill the hands.

Use Weather pain or use Wendy

Eat sanity food or use Wendy

Wear Bee Queen Crown or use Wendy

Lazy explorer is a must, unless your ball is so large you can use boomerang to hit unseen hands. (I couldn't)

If shadow creatures are bothering you, you can use the insanity unload trick with the wormhole just outside atrium.

Dont break all the hands until you controll the amount of minions or he will make you loose time and being uneable to hit him

Organize your inventory (i think this is the key for the fight) so it doesnt go crazy and dont let any item to be totally wasted, change them for fresh ones. I always keep 3 first slots with 1 weapon, weather pain, lazy explorer; the 4 and 5 with the bee queen crown and a thulecite crown (if i tank i try to use the thulecite crown right before i receive the damage so i can bemefit as amuch as possible of the bee queen crown sanity boost) and the purple amulet and armor in the last (personal preference). Before starting the fight make sure everything change as you want without making the inventory going crazy.

Until you are more confortable with the fight i recomend you to tank in the second phase

If you mess and he summons minions after you disable his shield, dont panic, weather pain him and hit him at the same time. You dont need to clean all the minions before hitting him, the wather pain will prevent his healing meanwhile add a good dps to your damage

Try to make him follow you meanwhile you break the shadow hands and bait his atack to gain time (has a slow animation)

He doesnt cast a cage if the previous still active. When you see the cage dissapear means that he is about to cage you again so try to take good position before it happens

Surf n turf makes the fight more simple since you only need to worry about eating one food

Until you beat him and have access to bone helmet, dont wear to much time the purple amulet or shadows will spawn and mess the fight

Take in count that his minions comes from the middle of the arena so if he is far from the middle the minions will need more time to reach him

Always bring more stuff that you will actually need. This fight can never end. You loose when you run out of stuff so having backup weapons, armor, etc in the floor isnt a silly thing 

Take in count that the whirl from the weather pain can stuck in the gateaway so take care of dont using it having the gate on the way

Dont panic and practise. Is the most difficult fight so dont feel bad for needing to practise

Just now, Articestone said:

I have a question, after one beat the ancient fuelweaver, the atrium become unstable, so do we need to leave the atrium or just stay there and wait for it to kick you out? 

Doesnt matter. You can wait until the respawn (take in count that enemies respawn too) or leave before so, if you have clean the path, you will be free of enemies. 

Is not a mortal count down as it seems xd

Yesterday, as example, i killed fw and leave the atrium when i had everything organized and the respawn happens just when i was near of a rook+2 knights spot. I miss the animation of them ans the chest reapawning (it has a peculiar sound that i never notice) because i was checking the map but suddenly spawning 3 enemies near scared me xD

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Doesnt matter. You can wait until the respawn (take in count that enemies respawn too) or leave before so, if you have clean the path, you will be free of enemies. 

Is not a mortal count down as it seems xd

Yesterday, as example, i killed fw and leave the atrium when i had everything organized and the respawn happens just when i was near of a rook+2 knights spot. I miss the animation of them ans the chest reapawning (it has a peculiar sound that i never notice) because i was checking the map but suddenly spawning 3 enemies near scared me xD

Thanks 

10 hours ago, I luv Wendy said:

Use Weather pain or use Wendy

Eat sanity food or use Wendy

Wear Bee Queen Crown or use Wendy

Lazy explorer is a must, unless your ball is so large you can use boomerang to hit unseen hands. (I couldn't)

If shadow creatures are bothering you, you can use the insanity unload trick with the wormhole just outside atrium.

Someone's been watching Don Giani Guide's Wendy's Journey.

Archived