Webber Update Idea

Webber interesting character but without few new stuffs, he is just mix of wendy and wurt. Wendy/Woodie can do better monster meat farming and wurt is really good about gaining followers. I thinked somethings new, somethings which characters dont have. I hope you like my ideas.

Meat Storage
Now Webber can storage foods with spiderish style. With one/two silk webber can cover up any meat, at the picture i tried to make normal meat. This will give any meat 10 hunger 15 hp and -30 sanity for any player. Webber can eat it without sanity drop of course. With this meat will be able to last really really longer and use in cooking. Also hp buff will make Webber good teammate with Maxwell.
 image.png.25dd6a8d0ae1ceea4d473b3b974d7f89.png

Spider Friendship
Now webber can tame spiders and be real friends with them, not using them as suicide bomb. Spiders will have names like pigs and they will get new powers day by day.

Day 1
Spiders which feeded with one meat by webber is in this group in first day. They have 120 hp, 30 damage and be a bit faster than regular spiders.
image.png.b6f86915fb434a49b2fc1933e2c90e91.png

Day 2
Spider which feeded with more than one meat by webber is in this group in second day. They have 150 hp 40 damage and a nice fast boost. They will have gray scratchs on their legs (Just dunno, cant imagine something better)

image.png.212e50b562791fa6dac6dcd717ea6cd5.png

Day 3
If spider survive until day three, they will have three option to turn.

1.Option: If a spider fight most of time he follows you, he will turn a fighter spider.
-He will have 150 HP 60 damage and attack ai of warriors spiders (Which they jump on you).
-He will  stay in day two speed. 
-He will gain fast health regeneration.
-He will get a scratch on his eye and will be angry all time. 

image.png.7ebd340bd39855368332aa36d50348ed.png

2.Option: If a spider get feed well and stay at base most of time he will turn friend spider.
-He will have 500 HP 20 damage and get fast as player.
-Player will gain sanity when becoming near to him.
-He will have really slow health regeneration. 
-He will not attack enemies if don't get attack.
image.png.e3004a19fe0850dbd7bc0fe8a7baf780.png

3.Option: If a spider get not feed and don't do so much thing, he will turn a normie spider
-He will have 200 HP, 20 damage.
-All other changes will be same as untamed spider. Will leave you if don't get feed for three days and turn regular spider.

image.png.e4a7b820898e70bc5d798ef84ac5d71b.png

Small Changes
-Webber is able to sleep in spider dens
-Webber can razor two and three leveled dens to gathering materials like silk and gland. Everytime he use it den will lost a level.
-Webber is able to craft sticky floor to slow down creatures, except for spiders and other webbers.

Player can create Web Candy with three web silk and one stick. It's not eatable with that way but when player swing it on a poop or on fireflies maybe, player will get its flyed version. This will give 5 Hunger, 15 sanity to webber. Other players are not able to eat it. And yeah i saw this on shrek

image.thumb.png.e20d21814b9144dd0808787de94f9cad.pngimage.thumb.png.b2d4937767ae877f13a28a562a2172fb.png

I'm out of ideas. Hope you share sum good ones. Also I will be happy to read ur feedbacks.

i really really like the idea of meat storage! Its perfect for a spider. I imagine it would have to work just like bundling wraps, so a crafting recipe requiring silk and glands maybe that makes a "silk wrapper" to be used on meat only. it would really help with cave and ruins exploration! 

even though Webber indeed doesnt really need a crafting recipe for silk since he can gather a lot very easily, i still like the idea of hunger being a crafting ingredient. Maybe the silk wrappers recipe could require 3 silk and 20 hunger for 3 wrappers.  

The Meat Storage and Spider "Levels" sounds good for me.
I'm a bit in a "Meh" position of the last idea but everything else is perfect.
But still, he needs more mechanics to be able to be more of a teamplayer with other characters, rather than just with another Webbers or ocasionally a Wendy or a Wickerbottom.

22 minutes ago, Kommu said:

The Meat Storage and Spider "Levels" sounds good for me.
I'm a bit in a "Meh" position of the last idea but everything else is perfect.
But still, he needs more mechanics to be able to be more of a teamplayer with other characters, rather than just with another Webbers or ocasionally a Wendy or a Wickerbottom.

Those was my ideas. I excepted few more updates. Like you said, those are not enough for update.

On 9/17/2020 at 7:17 PM, emo_noodles101 said:

This is a pretty cool idea! I like the concept of actually befriending spiders and I love how similar it is to Beefalo Taming. As for the web candy idea, what about when you swing it on fireflies, you could get a glow fly web candy and you emit light for a short period of time?

You are me, great!

5 hours ago, mac and cheese said:

I really like these ideas, especially the one on spider friendship! I haven't played as Webber yet so I don't really know how viable any of these abilities would be, but they sound like fun.

Thanks!

Archived