Beefalo Skins

I thought of this idea slightly just last night but I was thinking with how you can tame beefalo and all and have them as pets what if there were beefalo skins in game you could get to change appearance of your beefalo? Of course to actually change it you'll need to have clean sweeper to change the skin.

The skins would only work on a fully tamed beefalo, so just trying to change a beefalo you barely tamed wouldn't keep the skin. Neglecting a tamed beefalo until the point it isn't tamed anymore would make the beefalo lose the skin as well. Skins I mostly thought of were like war paint on the beefalo, color changes, etc. I mostly just want a skin to look like one of my guinea pigs who died today so I can have her in my DST world so I will maybe make a mod of it?? I dunno. Here is a photo of her it was heart breaking seeing her just laying in the cage and feeling so stiff, she was put into a shoe box and buried into the flower bed where we will plant some pretty flowers for her. I had this idea like exactly the day before she died and I'm still caught up on it.

20200310_145911.png

22 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

Great Idea, and it could help people with many beefalo to tell them apart (though im not sure if people have a lot of tamed beefalo since they are so hard to tame)

Rest in peace your guinea pig.

Yea beefalo aren't commonly tamed, I'm hoping if something like this is added people will possibly want to do it justttt a little more. of course not everyone has to do it but its for the people who like it and want a cool looking beef pet

even if there were skins for strange creatures, having another non walter mount that ate meat would be easier to upkeep than a beefalo. Vegetables can be a bigger hassle than meat because it takes more individual feeds of vegetables to fill up a beefalo's hunger quota whereas a meaty stew or like, 5 big meats could fill up a carnivorous mount. There would still be a respectable demand for other creatures to mount.

Also a mount that can eat honey. 

5 hours ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Hey, I was start the same topic few mounth ago. I hope Klei will give as what we want)

Hell yea man! I also kinda want to be able to put chests onto beefalo so that they can carry extra items for long distances without you just needing to be walter to use woby 

22 hours ago, HawtDawg said:

Hell yea man! I also kinda want to be able to put chests onto beefalo so that they can carry extra items for long distances without you just needing to be walter to use woby 

Not bad idea. Also, I want something to bind beefalo, something, which will be visible on map.

On 9/8/2020 at 3:24 AM, chirsg said:

Vegetables can be a bigger hassle

i think people dont tame beefalo because they're hung up on this misconception. i also thought beefalo taming could only be done late game when u have farms to feed it pumpkins/dragonfruit pie till it bursts but this really is not the case. after watching swanky psammead beefalo rush tutorial i tamed my second ever beefalo by day 32ish. I was playing wormwood but i rarely fed it vegetables. 

u can tame a beefalo without ever actually filling its belly by just feeding twigs/grass to get obedience up and riding it a lot. taming bar goes up if ur either riding it or it has food in its belly. Salt lick at base is a must for when ur not riding it and need to pause the taming bar. also make sure to get beefalo hat asap to blend in during the first winter mating season! 

A world with twiggy trees/juicy berry bushes makes this very easy to do and i encourage everyone reading this to seriously try it! especially if ur playing a "weak" fighter like wes, wendy, wormwood, maxwell etc. its really not too hard! 

doing it early game also has the benefit of exploring the map WAY faster while at the same time taming a beefalo 

------

now to the topic at hand (lol) i think beefalo skins could be really neat! 

Archived