Broken Server or 1 in a million odds?

I just started a new server and have noticed some...weird things about it.

(Images marked as spoilers to avoid long post body)

Spoiler

Weird2.thumb.PNG.96d41c245ac775f45a5f89426b930d6d.PNG

So here's the map, I just started the game, so it's not fully unlocked, but you'll notice that the Marsh Area is split in half, and secluded from the rest of the land, those 2 land bridges are the only way in or out. Which is a bit usual, but not all that weird. But you'll notice something else, too.

Spoiler

Weird.thumb.PNG.e560836a09a730bfc05feaba57716f49.PNG

Spoiler

Weird3.thumb.PNG.47f30905c848dd68f64bf0e787228280.PNG

That's right. The Rocky Biome of the Lunar Island is just chilling by the Pig King. At least part of it. It looks like it's just a patchwork piece like the mosaic biome, but the Lunar Island isn't apart of the mainland. 

I looked around and the rest of the lunar island wasn't there, it was just that little fragment piece, nothing else was over there expect some Moon Shards and those eyeball ghost things that want to kill you. 

This is only 5 days into the server, I can't wait to see what else I find. But still, is this server broken, or extremely lucky?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm not playing with any mods, only things changed are season lengths and added more food. Also, as soon as I posted this I found the Mandrakes in the middle of the beefalo area.

28 minutes ago, SnowdropPax said:

But still, is this server broken, or extremely lucky?

tenor.gif

As someone who generate dozens of worlds daily for testing, the only incredible odd you have here so far is the Lunar Island position, biomes often cut each others when they still have rooms to generate and cannot be skipped, so... nature finds a way out. ^^

6b5.thumb.jpg.26f966c850b9d5cb46d28f2a575bc833.jpg

You can see on this screenshot that the DF's desert have been separated on 3 different fragments, due to biome connections and roads, but as long the biome need to continues it will try to do some crazy stuff sometimes like that, it really looks fun tho.

(btw don't question how crazy this map is, it's an experimental worldgen mod)

And we can theoretically say that the same thing happened to the Lunar Island but it is way more difficult to trigger as it is not supposed to be placed in the same region and have a background of water around it... which can fail and connected to your deciduous forest, it was more common back then at the start of RoT so consider yourself lucky !

I just happened to enter a public server some days ago and noticed something similar to yours! In this case the Moon Island Biome is no longer an island because it has a natural bridge on the small forest biome.

20200823021357_1.thumb.jpg.4a44ea339f669f236589c5cbca914955.jpg

I thought this was incredibly rare but apparently more people are getting this world gen. I never got something like this in any of my runs though :frown-new:

Archived