About New Update

I have a suggestion , wouldn't it be better to bring few of these updates to single player Don't Starve aswell, I mean I still can't use my hammer while pressing spacebar in single player version .(sorry for the bad english)

On 8/21/2020 at 4:58 PM, Duck986 said:

maybe through mods... but not as official feature.

I mean things like sea features in DST is not I'm talkinb about . We need that new backpack option for single DS aswell. And things like that.

I for one would fancy a lot of DST mechanics being introduced to DS via some QoL update, starting with attack-cancel (better and fluid kiting) and ability to use skins from DST inventory in DS via Wardrobe (would need to be ported as well). In fact I've stopped a long time ago playing DS precisely because of these 2 aspects (plus more) - and it's a pity since Hamlet looks quite nice and was interesting/fun to play its Beta.

I don't think its as easy as copy/pasting the code and DST is the more profitable title since we can buy skins to support the game beyond our initial purchase.  This is why DST is getting the attention and DS isn't...  Even though I play solo 99% of the time I just play DST for all of its features and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:53 AM, Relectro said:

I mean I still can't use my hammer while pressing spacebar in single player version

This is intended. As one update of SW (sorry I can't remember the exact patch), the hammer is made to be unusable via pressing space to avoid accidentally using it. Actually, if you start a vanilla or RoG profile (be sure that the profile is NOT compatible with SW or Hamlet), you will find that you are still able to do so.

37 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I for one would fancy a lot of DST mechanics being introduced to DS via some QoL update, starting with attack-cancel (better and fluid kiting) and ability to use skins from DST inventory in DS via Wardrobe (would need to be ported as well). In fact I've stopped a long time ago playing DS precisely because of these 2 aspects (plus more) - and it's a pity since Hamlet looks quite nice and was interesting/fun to play its Beta.

And... it’s reasons like this why I say they need to just pull a State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition (Aka... Re-Releasing the game and it’s dlc add-ons as a full package upgrade)

Yes Klei will lose sales off people buying the DLC add Ons, but what it would do is effectively allow them to only have to release one patch at a time that effects Everything.. DS Solo, DS SW, DS Hamlet & DST.

It’s not as simple as allowing players to use their DST skins in DS solo... but that would no longer be a problem anymore if DS Solo and DST were the same game- but different “Modes” to choose from.

If you played with DST content disabled you’d go back to cardboard cutout seas and Pre-Rework characters.

For console players DS and DST are sold as separate games... but DST is advertised as a stand alone expansion to DS..

which technically... it’s more of a sequel then an expansion.. because Expansion means it should be compatible with DS- but at the time of me typing this post it’s not.

but only time will tell what the long term future of the DS franchise will be.. & I can only hope for huge things.

(taking into account that Covid-19 has seriously put a dent into not just Klei- but The game industry as a whole...) :( 

It's understandable making stuff for DS is hard and don't make sense (BC don't have so much player as DST). But they can improve "alone" mode of DST. Lower health (configurable), solving ping problems, etc. It's really easy and of course will increase player of don't starve and skin shopping activities. I don't even talk about new servers and workshop activity. They can still give few special skins for who bought DS and also they can play Hamlet on it.

I really can't understand why klei don't do that, this don't make sense to me.

I would be happy if someone say the reason.

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

Just because they look nearly the same doesn't mean one is just an extension of the other. DS is a whole different game at this point.

But it wasn’t when it first began.. and that’s the thing. But is it a whole other game... or is it just an improvement to an already existing game?

Its like comparing Rainbow Six Siege when it first released to where it’s at right now... you can’t really call that the same game.

The thing everyone seems to not understand is that they want to be able to access their DST skins in DS solo.. and the easiest way to do that is if DS Solo was just a mode option when starting DST... meaning that you could play Hamlet or Shipwrecked and still earn your DST skin drops.

When I campaign to have Shipwrecked & Hamlet become compatible with DST I campaign for that because I DON’T want to have to choose between playing my DLCs alone without friends and missing out on earning my skin drop rewards, Or playing DST and simply not getting to enjoy the expansions that I paid for.

Basically what I want from this franchise is a central Hub- similar to how when you play DS single player you can toggle Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, or Hamlet content.

Which version of the game you choose to launch will load up that worlds rules and mechanics (cardboard pre-Return of Them Sea, Pre-Reworked Characters.. etc) however because it’s all now connected as one game- You can use and earn your skins regardless of if your playing Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet or DST.

(of course you would need to always be connected online to earn skin drops for obvious reasons but.. you get the idea)

Hopefully they can even find a way to update DS,DS: SW, & DS Hamlet to support Two Players.

This is the future I so badly want to see for this franchise, but it’s a future that I fear may never exist- it all depends on what Klei’s End Goal for this franchise is.

Not JUST DST, Not JUST DS Solo, But the Franchise as a Whole..

Archived