[Experimental] - 426258

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

We're on the home stretch for this update! The bad news: this is the last feature push until Thursday - it'll all be fixes until then. The good news: There are two new toys to play with in experimental - a preview of Smith's brawl, and a new boss experiment! The new boss will be coming out in the September update, so please play a bunch and press F8 a lot :)

EXPERIMENTAL

• Added the Smith Brawl preview 
  • Added Turncoat boss experiment

CARDS

• Twinned Conquest now increments its counter before duplicating the argument to prevent double activations caused by other grafts/cards
  • Wraith Needle now improvises uncommon or rare cards
  • Do Over: fix card destroying not triggering parasite health loss
  • Fixed bug where the auto targeting on Burn would sometimes be active at the wrong time.
  • "Exert" shows up without the stack count if applied as a single stack, as in Spark Cannon.
  • Psymitar: No longer boosts damage on cards without a damage range (eg. Known Thug)
  • Researcher: Only gains shills for item cards with charges.
  • Waylay: Blade Flashes are inserted into hand as per card text.

MISC

• Fix inaccurate cursor hit testing due to using glyphs instead of processed_codepoints. (New lines would mess things up)
  • Fix extra burr cluster on max advancement causing fight to not complete immediately.
  • update all story days to suppress the "visit your room" option when it's time to sleep, and to mark your bartender

View full update

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 6

Hey, so...where's Smith's Brawl preview? All I see is the same "Smith's Bar Brawl" (or whatever it's called) that has been under the "Experimental" tab for quite a while now, and it appears to play exactly the same as it always has.

9 hours ago, weggman said:

Hey, so...where's Smith's Brawl preview? All I see is the same "Smith's Bar Brawl" (or whatever it's called) that has been under the "Experimental" tab for quite a while now, and it appears to play exactly the same as it always has.

Yup, that's the preview. Otherwise put on debug and type Ctrl+T to see what Smith is up to.

Edited by minespatch

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wait, was he always called a Wastrel?:wilson_shocked:

You mean his titles?

Wasted Smith
Classic Smith
Confident Smith
Grandiloquent Smith
Layabout Smith (the first one I noticed and therefore the one that is canon in my mind)
And more!

This reminds me that I should probably scream at more people to play this game.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

Yup, that's the preview. Otherwise put on debug and type Ctrl+T to see what Smith is up to.

All right, clearly I'm an idiot or something, but I can get the debug menu working. Google it, searched through the install files, and, at least on my machine, the data.zip file doesn't include a script folder. And apologies if the debug menu isn't kosher to discuss here for whatever reason. 

5 hours ago, weggman said:

learly I'm an idiot or something, but I can get the debug menu working.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:33 PM, SpicyNiceCream said:

Type Ctrl+T like how you normally did with Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V.

Oh and yeah you need the --debug thing.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:39 PM, RageLeague said:

Enable debug mode on steam by go to Properties > Set Launch Options and add "--debug". Then typing Ctrl+T will actually do something.