When will we have a hunting system in the caves?

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

basic logic?

can you explain that basic logic?because in surface we have ewecus which has a unique drop but are not worth for food (which i guess is the point of you basic logic). We ccan have hunting system but that doesnt mean it needs to be to get healing food and big amount of meat

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

can you explain that basic logic?because in surface we have ewecus which has a unique drop but are not worth for food (which i guess is the point of you basic logic). We ccan have hunting system but that doesnt mean it needs to be to get healing food and big amount of meat

Given the abundance of beneficial light-related business in the caves, aswell as its ability to cancel summer, caves are evened out with less food.

wild life and four-legged mammals also don't live in the underground.

You don't need to wait for the devs to officially explain a mechanic before you can figure it out yourself. Or else farms wouldn't exist.

42 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Given the abundance of beneficial light-related business in the caves, aswell as its ability to cancel summer, caves are evened out with less food.

wild life and four-legged mammals also don't live in the underground.

You don't need to wait for the devs to officially explain a mechanic before you can figure it out yourself. Or else farms wouldn't exist.

where are the four legged mammals in SW haunts? also, with that logic there shouldnt be monkeys down there

and again im not talking of having a food source but i cant hold your basic logic

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

Feel free to share your take on why caves have no hunts. Probably a bug I bet?

You joke but that very well could be the case. More than likely it was because there wasn't any mob they felt would've worked as a hunting creature. I doubt it was with the intention of being a "deliberate downside" because if that were the case, the bunnymen would be a lot less beneficial to farm and many other resources would be harder to obtain. Koalefants wouldn't really fit the theme of the caves very well but I could definitely see a variation of say Rock Lobsters or Depths Worms as a target in a future update.

After re-reading my previous posts I do apologize if I came off as antagonistic, it was not my intention to do so.

Hunting in the caves could be a cool mechanic, but yes, the rewards shouldn't be food oriented.

The King Moleworm could attack from underground and cause small earthquakes and or cave-ins, his loot could be a variety of minerals (including fossils and rare gems) and rocky turfs (making it renewable).

The Queen Deepworm, that could raise from the abyss of the caves. Attacking you by spawning other deep worms and slamming the ground with it's head and trying to eat you. it's loot table could consist of its teeth (to make tooth sword) and it's big lure, an item could be planted to create a new lesser glow berry spawning point (but only on the caves, it would wilt under the direct sun light).

The Jack Rabbit would be a super Jack bunny man (wererabbit like), that could be initially non hostile to you, but if you carry any meat it would never stop chasing you until it kills you or you kill it (even if you get rid of the meat item). His loot could be a rabbit coat, that would give you freeze insulation and a huge sanity aura.

Food is pretty abundant in caves. bunnymen have a respawn timer of a day, shroom biomes can be used to get filler and just to eat raw, lichen, honey can still be farmed, worms waves and eel can be argued as the best sorce of fish. hunts in caves would be a little extra. no big deal.there can be big dangers to hunting in caves too that aren't native to the overworld. hunts that overlap in the monkey biome or in the ruins

Archived