[Poll] On the August QoL Update, V2

You were invaded by Phantom Kirk, Knight of Thorns!  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which under the [ITEMS] Category do you wish to see added/changed/buffed?

2. 2. What QoL change do you wish added under the [STRUCTURES] Category?

• Improved Farm (lessened building cost)
    • Birdcage (seed drop increase)
    • Salt Lick (refuelability)
    • Potter's Wheel (ability to remove sketches)
    • Marble Structure craftability (e.g. pillar, harp statue, Maxwell statue)
    • Ice Flingomatic (efficiency increase esp in preventing plant withering)
    • Scaled Furnace (ability to cook multiple items)
    • Mushroom Planter (ability to be refueled withGuano only)
    • Mushroom Planter (ability to be refueled with more items than just Living Logs)
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)
  3. 3. What QoL change do you wish added under the [GAMEPLAY] Category?

• Disease fixes
    • Wildfire fixes
    • Crafting Menu overhauls
    • Oasis Lake filling up during Spring
    • Force Attack prioritizing Mobs over Walls
    • Force Attack Prioritizing the closest target
  4. 4. What QoL change do you wish added under the [CREATURE] Category?

• Shadow Creature visibility
    • Shadow Creature spawning Glitches fix
    • Beefalo Taming duration decrease
    • Beefalo Domestication Permanence
    • Beefalo Milking
    • Tameability for other creatures (e.g. Koalefant, Ewecus)
    • Bunnymen being stuck atop each other
    • Skittersquids being stuck under boats
  5. 5. What QoL change do you wish added under the [MISCELLANEOUS] Category?

• Shop UI optimization
    • Mod presets (think of Batch Enable)
    • Additional worldgen options (e.g. archipelago worldgen, settings for console and for RoT content)
    • Performance improvements
    • Worldgen presets
    • Additional skin details (e.g. Wormwood flower trails)
    • New Item skins
    • New Structure skins
    • New Character Skins
    • Skin Bug Fixes (e.g. weird hat fits on certain chars)
    • Player Profile Item presets

Thanks to concerns raised by FreyaMaluk regarding how general the previous poll was I shall be redoing it! With more categories this time.

As always, feel free to answer the poll and discuss in the comments!

(Side note: I shall still not consider character-based changes of any sort as they'd quickly stray into rework update sort of stuff and I personally believe it's counterintuitive to announce character reworks for all characters and then apply changes to them outside of their promised reworks (debatably unless said changes were really urgently needed to iron out gameplay in said character))

(Disclaimer: While the poll is simply representative of the forum community's interests towards which areas of concern they would wish prioritized to be remade, it does not represent the entire community's opinion; nor does it guarantee any of the said areas of concern to be fixed in the update.)

One thing that could be a cool QoL would be if you repeat the same task you get gradually a bit faster with it until you do a different task.  So if you're chopping trees after like 20-30 chops you start chopping 20% faster.  If you're harvesting bushes or berries, or cooking, or crafting same thing.  Once you switch tasks it all resets though.

Also - console controls (and controller on pc) bindings are horrible.  They need an overhaul badly, idk how ppl can play on these.  You are not able to move while navigating the crafting or inventory screens or map screen.  Most left-right context options are alright, but some need to be reviewed to ensure they are the proper choice.  Since there is absolutely ZERO reason to swing your weapon without attacking something it should always target an enemy if one is within a certain range.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

@GetNerfedOn as of the moment of this post, night armor is missing from option 1.

Night armor is widely unpopular due to the high sanity drain, and high reed cost. Several people (including me) have requested balance tweaks around it.

it is perfect for ruins cleaning. Good durability, the best proteccion and when you are alreay at 0 sanity there is not downside

i dont usually craft them but i like to use the armors dropped by shadow pieces as an armor for regular enemies in the forest and for ruins cleaning. Isnt good for boss fights for obv reasons but that insanity isnt a big deal fighting spiders or hounds and last for so long that its worth

about the poll. Batbat its ok, idk why people keep complaining about it.

Farms arent too expensive for a non dangerous fount of good food, the problem is the time to farm them. Crafting 30 improved farms is much less anoying that picking those 30 veggies with that long animation and how greddy bastards are birds that you need to loose a lot of your harvested food to keep the flow of seeds, and this with every harvest so at the end you spend +70% of the spring trying to get the max amount of good veggies 

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Good durability, the best proteccion

I agree about the "proteccion", but the durability might be bit arguable:

A Log Suit or Football Helmet breaks after taking 393.75 damage, the player looses 78,75 health.
A Night Armor breaks after taking 552.63 damage, the player looses 27,63 health and 55.26 sanity.
A Battle Helmet breaks after taking 656.25 damage, the player looses 131,25 health.
A Marble Suit breaks after taking 773,68 damage, the player looses 38,68 health.

The Night Armor lasts for ~40% longer than the Log Suit or the Football Helmet, but ~15% shorter than the Battle Helmet and ~29% shorter than the Marble Suit. Only the cheapest kinds of armors have less durability than the Night Armor.

54 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Batbat its ok, idk why people keep complaining about it.

The recipe for getting specifically the bat wings is annoying. The median to get one batwing is to kill ~4.27 bats. Now multiply this by five and it is ~21.35 bats to be killed to collect 5 bat wings, the number you expect. It could take a couple of days of solely bashing bat heads in the caves.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Crafting 30 improved farms is much less anoying that picking those 30 veggies with that long animation

It depends what stage in the game you are. 30 farms is 300 grass, 120 rocks, and 180 manure. If it is a fresh world it would take me about ~9-13 days to craft that much (not grass gecko world). Prebuilt base with wicker spamming book for grass is much quicker, although picking rocks and manure also will some take time.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

greddy bastards are birds

Stupid 1:1 ratio should be removed.

34 minutes ago, KeshS said:

The recipe for getting specifically the bat wings is annoying. The median to get one batwing is to kill ~4.27 bats. Now multiply this by five and it is ~21.35 bats to be killed to collect 5 bat wings, the number you expect. It could take a couple of days of solely bashing bat heads in the caves.

It depends what stage in the game you are. 30 farms is 300 grass, 120 rocks, and 180 manure. If it is a fresh world it would take me about ~9-13 days to craft that much (not grass gecko world). Prebuilt base with wicker spamming book for grass is much quicker, although picking rocks and manure also will some take time.

Stupid 1:1 ratio should be removed.

i prefer to spend 500 grass if that means it will be quicker in long term. I dont care the time to get a complete farm if, after i get it, i will be so boring of watching my character picking every veggie for arround half day and that just for picking, add giving the vegetables to the bird, replant the seeds, etc

i see that farms are expensive but would be so worth if you dont have to make such tedious work for getting few veggies

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i prefer to spend 500 grass if that means it will be quicker

So what do you want this to be an instant animation or an invention to insta pick all veggies/fruit in a circled area? What different process do you want?

2 minutes ago, KeshS said:

So what do you want this to be an instant animation or an invention to insta pick all veggies/fruit in a circled area? What different process do you want?

shorter animation for picking. There is other resources that have a shorter animation.

No need to be +2secs per farm, at the end you spend 5 minutes for "huge" farms (huge are needed for characters like warly making him so boring)

Archived