crab king and how to fix some of his issues

heya everyone sooo crab king in my opinion hes pretty average  while i know a lot of people hate this guy he is meant to be a boss that you have to defeat with some friends which is what i did but in my opinion the biggest problem with crab king is that there is no reason to fight him more than once compare crab king to toadstool toadstool is a hard boss that has some indicators at 70% health and 40% health and during those indicators he gives shroom skin then we have the crab king who has a good bunch of indicators to his health but gives nothing during those indicators so what if klei added a new item to dst called shell fragments which you would get from crab king during his many indicators and during his death with these shell fragments you would be to craft two new items number one 

the heavily armored boat

the heavily armored boat is a boat that is made with shell fragments  obtained as a recipe from the crab king this boat will take less damage and have more health but can only be healed with cut stone flint and rocks and can also be repaired with shell fragments number two

fast thingie(i dont know what it would be called)

so everyone complains about how slow boats are so with this item you boats will be able to go faster all it requires are some shell fragments and some malbatross feathers they can only be placed on the side of your boat therby making your boat faster but making your boat more viable to take damage making a nice risk reward system how would it make your boat faster because malbatross feathers can be used to make the winged sail which is much faster than a normal sail this item would come as a recipe from the crab king

with these craftables they can make sailing less dangerous and much faster it would also make people want to fight crab king and malbatross more so they can get more shell fragments and malbatross feathers so they can make more of those fast thingies thats about all i got thanks for reading k bye

9 hours ago, Well-met said:

crab king's loot is unfinished. Who knows what the Tribute will do?

that is completely true but the problem that i addressed in this post is that theres no reason to fight crab king more than once once you obtained the strident trident blueprint and the tribute because he doesnt give anything unique 

On 7/29/2020 at 11:55 PM, stranger again said:

that is completely true but the problem that i addressed in this post is that theres no reason to fight crab king more than once once you obtained the strident trident blueprint and the tribute because he doesnt give anything unique 

yes he does. he drops shell bells :D Lots of shell bells :D I love shell bells :D I would literally go through hell and back to get them, and with the Crap King fight, I might have to... :D 

Archived