Water teleporting throug natural tiles?

Hello, I am a long time forum lurker of ONI, and I have been playing the game since Early access, I decided to write because I started seeing this weird behavior since last update.

I have a small natural lake in my base and I cleared everything on the right side of the lake except for 1 wall of natural tile (fertilizer) I started to see that somehow the tile started to leak (and it has an ingame sound like dripping liquid. 

I was wondering if any of you have ever seen this behavior before or it might be a bug?

EDIT: Well it seems like natural tiles cannot hold pressure much (I know there is no actual sense of pressure in the game) the bottom tile just broke leaking all the water in there, no harm is done though :P

Spoiler

You can see here on the red sections the animation as though water was splashing.

182498535_OniLeakSample.png.502f42fff327743c3ce9b877b583cb78.png

2 hours ago, Verakum said:

if any of you have ever seen this behavior before

Notice the cracks in the tiles. Those tiles are not very hard (hardness is an actual game mechanic), and because the mass of water is over 1000kg, the tiles are breaking. You will soon see them completely break, and the water will flood your base.  To fix this, you're going to need a retaining wall. It's normal behavior. 

Played since alpha and never had a leak? I highly doubt that! Every veteran player had to plug leaks at one point of their playthrough. Just build some extra blocks around.

I can envision a scenario where someone never has had tiles break from liquid pressure.  It is very unlikely though.  Fertilizer is pretty common around natural water tiles in the starter area at least.

I can actually see where the OP is coming from. I took a long break from ONI, and only recently came back. The leaking surprised me as well. The only difference was that I did run into it in the past, but only because I built larger pools in natural terrain. I'm pretty sure they made some materials much softer at some point while I was gone. Fertilizer, algae, and slime in particular seem much more leak-prone than they used to be. When I came back I had pools only a couple tiles deep leak, and before it used to be that you had to have more pressure before you'd see any leakage, even on weaker tiles. I kinda think it's funny.

Could just be my imagination though lol.

11 hours ago, impyre said:

I'm pretty sure they made some materials much softer at some point

I think what changed was the addition of fertilizer immediately around pools.  In the really old maps, pools often had sandstone on all sides and bottom. Occasionally there was dirt on one side, but the newer map generator puts dirt, fertilizer, and algae immediately around pools in many biomes.  So I don't know if the materials got softer, but I'm certain that the softer materials became more prevalent around the pools.

Archived