Mixing two gases before filter solution?

I was trying to find a way to keep by gas lines from backing up and couldn't find anything to simple but came up with a simple solution by accident so decided to share.

Gases mix without stopping typically by the 6th bridge, I believe the speed differential allows a packet on the 2nd line to attempt to mix with 6 different packet along the main line without waiting. Hydrogen seems to aggregate to large packets as well. Comments on how to improve?

124890830_Pipeweave.thumb.JPG.b436367dcc9a600d4b78c5349e49e4c9.JPG

Which one do you want?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.140a24c07ea36331e152daf07497ccbf.png

The left side is mechanical filter(using gas valve) On the right is using shutoff automation (shutoff+gas pipe element sensor).
The automation approach require some power and refined metal.
Mechanical need a little bit of your effort to pre-fill the loop.

Left pipe is Oxygen (actually any gas except Hydrogen since the gas pipe element sensors are set to Hydrogen and the first sensor has a NOT gate on it) and right one is Hydrogen. Haven't tested this but should work.

room.thumb.png.ef517c0b60467086c0c07f480142d819.png

Edit: Corrected a bridge flaw. Didn't test this as well.

Wow never thought of using valves and sensors (never survived to the efficiency stage of the game yet), that's brilliant. Right now the system I've built in game runs up through a 27 degree water tower so switching to the mechanical I will be able to use a small basin and radiant gas pipes. Thanks for the all the great ideas.

I think next i'm going to try to design a water basin with gas tank submerged for the oxy, full of liquid rad pipe that goes to a entropy device or tepedizer based on water temp of the basin. HVAC seems so hard to get a constant temp output.

For some reason I have been unable to duplicate the sensor filter. I notice if gas A is on the sensor while gas B is on the valve opening Gas B enters the valve line with Gas A right behind it.

4 minutes ago, Vio2020 said:

I notice if gas A is on the sensor while gas B is on the valve opening Gas B enters the valve line with Gas A right behind it

That only happen when your gas stopped. Make sure gas never stop using unlimited output like @nakomaru example, or put them in circular loop.

Archived