Help: What cause this damage overloading ?

Why do I keep getting 'Circuit Overloaded' alerts. For example right now I have conductive wire bridge with status 'Damage Overloading', but the energy  tab on connected wire shows that power consumed 1kw, maximum safe wage 20kw, and i have never seen consumption going higher than 7kw on that section. Any idea why?

Also I have upgraded this section from heavy watt wire/bridges to conductive ones and still my maximum safe wattage shown is 20kw and not 50kw, I assume that I missed a section somewhere. Is there anyway to locate it because I can't find it?

EDIT: added screenshots from another case of the overload in contained powerplant

Spoiler

11.png

Spoiler

12.png

Spoiler

13.png

Conductive wire and conductive wire bridge have a power limit of 2kW, mixing them with heavy watt wires (which have 20kW limit) will overload them. Heavy watt wires (and conductive heavy watt wires) do not have corresponding bridges, you can only transport high wattage through walls via joint plates.

I think the OP is confused by the tab on the generator that reports 50kW max safe wattage for the circuit.

It's possibly a bug, max safe wattage is 2kW only, on conductive bridges.

@Cipupec2

replace those bridges with heavy conductive plates... but be careful they do not conduct electrycity only, but also heat, breacking your insulation. Crossing an insulated wall with plates requires a small vacuum pocket. See an example here:

52 minutes ago, sheaker said:

Wrong wire bridges? I mean I see 4x800W input and there are conductive wire bridges while Your wires are heavy watt conductive wires. Your conductive wire bridges can handle only 2kW.

Yep there is my mistake. Sorry for the trouble, it has been a while and I skimmed over it, presuming that the "hevy watt" bridge is a new addition. Maybe the devs should add a max:wattage to bridges/plates tooltips as well.

30 minutes ago, TheMule said:

I think the OP is confused by the tab on the generator that reports 50kW max safe wattage for the circuit.

It's possibly a bug, max safe wattage is 2kW only, on conductive bridges.

@Cipupec2

replace those bridges with heavy conductive plates... but be careful they do not conduct electrycity only, but also heat, breacking your insulation. Crossing an insulated wall with plates requires a small vacuum pocket. See an example here:

Yeah it's weird that  brides do not lower the circuit max safe wattage, normal wires do.

And thanks for the tip, i'll make sure to adapt my layout

on side note, is Heavy watt conductive joint suppose to have -25 decor for 6 tiles? For consistency sake we have:

Heavy watt wire:  -25 decor for 6 tiles
Heavy watt plate:  -25 decor for 6 tiles
Heavy watt conductive wire:  -20 decor for 4 tiles
Heavy watt conductive plate:  -25 decor for 6 tiles

Use gold heavi-watt conductive wire to minimize the negative decor if you really need to.  If a dupe is in a suit negative decor doesn't seem to matter.

Don't hold your breath for a heavi watt bridge when the joint plates exist.  They exist for game reasons.  The heavi-watt is supposed to be larger and ugly.  Too big to put behind stuff.

Archived