Jump to content

Don't Starve Together - Dungeons


Recommended Posts

So I had an idea which I am sure is not an original idea for the game but here it goes. 

The idea has sort of came from playing a ton of Minecraft Dungeons lately and since then I started to wonder how it would be for DST to copy the same sort of thing. Feel free to tell me your honest opinion but I think it would be pretty fun.

I am not sure if Klei themselves or a mod maker would want to do something like this but here is my idea. The world would generate with the over-world (Upstairs) being a small area enough to gather basic resources Torch, Armor, Spear all of which are on one single starting pillar. You enter into the Underworld (Caves) directly into the atrium. 

Once you get in the Atrium or something like it, you are forced to fight your way through the barriers and forced to defeat mobs,bosses, etc in order to continue further. You gain more resources by killing mobs and continue through the map until you reach the final boss. 

Upon defeating this boss the world gets harder and harder until you are fighting bosses each step of the way. 

Obviously this is just an idea but I think it would be awesome to see something like this be made. I do not think it would be too complicated to get made or develop I just wanted to find out what everyone's idea or opinion on it was. I hope that some mod makers or even Klei themselves get a chance to view this thread and think about it because I think it would offer a huge game changer for DST and how it performs.

It would give players who are looking to compete for best times, most levels cleared, 100% runs, etc with each other.

Let me know what you think :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i suggest something similar https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/118663-random-map-dungeon-idea/ but i center the idea on a dungeon that resets his map everytime you enter so you can repeat the dungeon and each time the experience will be different. So im totally with you about this idea. We have a similar experience with the ruins but has only 1 boss (if we dont take in count fw) and the same robots in the same position with the same map everytime you reset the ruins so this could bring a good way to farm all kind of materials in a fresh way and will not matter in which day or how many times you do it, always can be a different experince

 for suggestions i recommend you to post them here https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/76-dont-starve-together-suggestions-and-feedback/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hey there~I also bought  Minecraft Dungeons Then play for a while, it is really fun. But I don't have so much time to play games, so I haven't fully experienced the fun.

DST and Minecraft are two games I really love~  I like your idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't this a reversed Battle Arena concept?

Probably would depend on how diverse procedural generations one would get for such dungeon-maps and outside resource-area to instill consistent "replayability" to it. Yet it sounds more like a Gorge/Forge mode if anything. And judging on how popular ReForge and ReGorgitated (or what's the name) are on the long run... am not that sure. For short term perhaps, if some prizes are involved (like skins, chests etc).

Who knows what KLei could bring us post "Return of Them".

 

I myself wouldn't be interested in any Battle Arena concept, reversed or otherwise, sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're talking about a full new mode, event, or mod. Why not, I like the idea to go deeper and deeper, one life, restart if I die, random levels...

Did someone play a little game called BELOW ? I recommand it.

 But I would prefer something they could add to the actual world before that. And if there's no a 3rd server yet, there's still the interiors technical possibility in order to create some dungeons. I guess, because I'm not really sure. How big could it be ? 

They can't afford to create such a big event imo. Back to what I said, wouldn't you prefer 2 or 3 dungeons, hamlet style, or not, or both, in DST ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Well-met said:

would be fun but I don't think this is possible with how limited the game engine is. (i.e can't have caves on the same server)

Ya I was sort of thinking the same thing.

4 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Isn't this a reversed Battle Arena concept?

Probably would depend on how diverse procedural generations one would get for such dungeon-maps and outside resource-area to instill consistent "replayability" to it. Yet it sounds more like a Gorge/Forge mode if anything. And judging on how popular ReForge and ReGorgitated (or what's the name) are on the long run... am not that sure. For short term perhaps, if some prizes are involved (like skins, chests etc).

Who knows what KLei could bring us post "Return of Them".

 

I myself wouldn't be interested in any Battle Arena concept, reversed or otherwise, sorry.

It would not be a battle arena it would be somewhat similar to Diablo style where you are running through dungeons. It is hard to explain I guess especially if you do not enjoy those types of games. 

3 hours ago, Moonatik said:

You're talking about a full new mode, event, or mod. Why not, I like the idea to go deeper and deeper, one life, restart if I die, random levels...

Did someone play a little game called BELOW ? I recommand it.

 But I would prefer something they could add to the actual world before that. And if there's no a 3rd server yet, there's still the interiors technical possibility in order to create some dungeons. I guess, because I'm not really sure. How big could it be ? 

They can't afford to create such a big event imo. Back to what I said, wouldn't you prefer 2 or 3 dungeons, hamlet style, or not, or both, in DST ?

Ya budget is tough for Klei on events like this I was thinking it not even be an event just an actual version of the game for example choosing map layout which includes Winters Fiest you would choose Dungeons for example and it would generate the world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Klei should just build a mode where everything spawns randomly and every 20 game days it generates a new world that lasts for only 20 days till it is regenerated again?

I already do this with some of my saves & until I learned how to survive Winter, this is detail of how my play sessions with this game as a Noob went. Is it something that needs its own mode? Eh probably not- as I feel like it would be a waste of time and resources for Klei when YOU can just randomly regenerate your world yourself.

Is it a “Minecraft Dungeons” type experience? No.. but DST shouldn’t aim to be anything like Dungeons, DST should be it’s Own thing and the more content Klei can add to its surface world, the ocean, and caves.. the more I’ll have to do and explore.

Would a Randomly generated Forge Battle Arena be fun? Yeah you bet.. battling in a circular arena full of lava and your goal is to kill or knock the enemy mob into the lava meanwhile they’re trying to do the same thing to you.

Think of it as sort of that limited time Last Stand after match mini-game Smite once had.. or Similar to Borderlands Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot DLC..

as a Survival Mode where you pick a character and fight in a tiny restricted area randomly spawning “Contestants” until you are killed or get knocked into the lava ring.

for Moxxi’s Underdome there were even some crazy modifiers thrown in every few waves (but I’m not sure if random rule modifiers wouldn’t be a bit too much for DST)

One thing I DO KNOW is that people have a hard enough time hosting a world with cave content in it as is.. so adding any additional server shards to the already existing game world would simply be near impossible due to the game being Multiplayer.

So “Minecraft Dungeons” or DS Hamlet Temples probably won’t ever exist in DST.. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considering how combat works in DST that would be boring as hell. Dodge hit hit dodge hit hit dodge hit hit. Madness. They have combat based events like the Forge with some extra mechanics buy I see no reason to put them into the base game, it's not Diablo after all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Trippleass said:

Considering how combat works in DST that would be boring as hell. Dodge hit hit dodge hit hit dodge hit hit. Madness. They have combat based events like the Forge with some extra mechanics buy I see no reason to put them into the base game, it's not Diablo after all. 

I dlnt think ruins are boring and this can be something similar 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...