Wurt and the Durian

With the update of the characters' favorite foods, the question arose because the durian does not have better values, I say that wurt has a 33% bonus when eating fruits and vegetables, then following the durian logic we would have 33 + 15 = 48 or 40 + 33% = 53 I'm just saying it would be a good idea to leave it as the second option, since the pumpkin beats the durian in all respects, so this could stand out more if you play with wurt

It's just a little detail but I wanted to say it
(I am using the Google translator, so if something is strange it is because of it)

On 7/8/2020 at 8:21 AM, Bellium said:

"Wetter is better floor" Proceeds to lose sanity due to being wet

just bcos one thinks someting is better does not mean it really is. i think chocolate is better, but im still getting fat from it

27 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

just bcos one thinks someting is better does not mean it really is. i think chocolate is better, but im still getting fat from it

Yeah but the only thing that's "bad" about wetness is the way it feels, which is totally subjective. There's no reason for the character to lose sanity from wetness if she CLEARLY states that she enjoys it.

Rain is a seasonal obstacle to overcome. Just like freezing during the winter and overheating during the summer. So I don't know if Klei would be willing to make a character completely immune to rain. But I still think she should atleast lose less sanity from wetness than other characters.

Honestly, similar thing apply to wormwood. He's a plant, shouldn't he benefit from the rain?

6 hours ago, SoupRiced said:

Rain is a seasonal obstacle to overcome. Just like freezing during the winter and overheating during the summer. So I don't know if Klei would be willing to make a character completely immune to rain. But I still think she should atleast lose less sanity from wetness than other characters.

Honestly, similar thing apply to wormwood. He's a plant, shouldn't he benefit from the rain?

While I get what your saying and I've learned to accept it tho I never expected complete immunity to rain but you gotta admit it does seem silly looking at Walter not losing sanity from wet tools and tree guards(infact gaining sanity from guards due to tree perk) then looking at Wurt and Wormwood...

On 7/10/2020 at 5:39 PM, bitcrushed_rage said:

There's no reason for the character to lose sanity from wetness if she CLEARLY states that she enjoys it.

as i said, i enjoy chocolate so much, yet im still getting fat and probably diabetes 

20 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

as i said, i enjoy chocolate so much, yet im still getting fat and probably diabetes 

The loss of sanity from water is still completely subjective
If a character were to enjoy wetness, they would not lose sanity from it. They WOULD take freezing damage though

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

While I get what your saying and I've learned to accept it tho I never expected complete immunity to rain but you gotta admit it does seem silly looking at Walter not losing sanity from wet tools and tree guards(infact gaining sanity from guards due to tree perk) then looking at Wurt and Wormwood...

That's what I said.

Wurt should atleast lose less sanity from wetness, and maybe benefit from some bonus, I was thinking about a small speed boost, but that might be too OP combined with marsh turf speed boost.

As for wormwood, he could have a slight, passive health regen (opposite of WX-78), but only as long as wetness is not above 50%.

Just some loose suggestions here.

5 hours ago, SoupRiced said:

That's what I said.

Wurt should atleast lose less sanity from wetness, and maybe benefit from some bonus, I was thinking about a small speed boost, but that might be too OP combined with marsh turf speed boost.

As for wormwood, he could have a slight, passive health regen (opposite of WX-78), but only as long as wetness is not above 50%.

Just some loose suggestions here.

Not the best excuse but it was late and I misread great idea tho as for wurt's wetness bonus I think it'd be interesting If she could convert her wetness into fish pet and kelp freshness not the best idea but it would lead to some interesting gameplay mechanics with water balloons.

11 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Not the best excuse but it was late and I misread great idea tho as for wurt's wetness bonus I think it'd be interesting If she could convert her wetness into fish pet and kelp freshness not the best idea but it would lead to some interesting gameplay mechanics with water balloons.

Converting wetness into a fish seems a bit weird to me.

If we're talking about benefiting from moisture, Womp - a modded character - has some really interesting perks related to it.

For an example a chance to dodge attacks when wet, although it is balanced by losing wetness if he gets hit by enemies.

He also suffers penalties when dry.

I think these perks would suit Wurt, but that would be just copying...

However, how about making her perform actions slightly faster when wet? That would make sense for a merm to act more lively during damp weather.

But since she already has a speed boost from marsh turf, moisture should instead increase her attack speed, mining/chopping speed and picking speed.

Archived