So I thought I'd make a thread asking if anyone found any interesting character bonus benefits that are lesser known.

I'll start things off by listing a few I've learned

-Walter's ammo can be used to befriend rock lobsters and feed slurtle more efficiently

-Wurt's clever disguise will fool bunnymen and other creatures into thinking Wortox and Webber are merms

-Woodie gets to keep his followers (pigmen, bunnymen, catcoons, rock lobsters, gnarwails) for a little longer than other survivors

-Woodie's beard does provide a small bit of insulation

-This one may be more known than others, but Wortox can Soul-dodge with a well-timed soul hop, dodging all damage from an enemy (this is better than Wheeler's, as this one protects armor as well)

2 hours ago, DaZoul said:

Woodie gets to keep his followers (pigmen, bunnymen, catcoons, rock lobsters, gnarwails) for a little longer than other survivors

I love these small little boons that Klei gives to characters, I feel like it really fleshes them out!

Not sure how known this one is, but Walter also doesn't lose sanity from travelling down wormholes, despite losing sanity to other "instance effects" like picking dark flowers

Pretty sure everyone already knew this but Wendy’s Rework lets her now effectively use Abigail as a light source to avoid wasting resources or lantern/miners hat durability. 

It only works when Abigail is at full health and glowing brightly, & if you give Abby the Vigor Mortis potion you can run around exploring in the darkness of night, Abigail will catch back up to you before Charlie can kill you.

If you are like me and get really annoyed having to reset tooth traps after each hound wave, Wormwood's kinship with plants comes in super handy. Make a big field of Eye Plants and just run around in it while the hounds chase you. Just make sure to put a flingo in the middle of it, because fire hounds.

Works great to farm spiders, too.

Edit: oh yeah, and they also gather up all the drops for you, how polite.

I hope Klei makes more aggressive plant mobs so this perk gets more fleshed out, but as it is I am happy with this use for it.

1 hour ago, sinisterrkid said:

I hope Klei makes more aggressive plant mobs so this perk gets more fleshed out, but as it is I am happy with this use for it.

Worry not friend, the Sea Weed has got you covered! Well, I mean I hope Wormwood is friends with them

Here's another one

Wurt can remove the need for cooling/heating with the ice bream and scorching sunfish tho you won't be able to use the scorching sunfish the for heating in the first year this works by using Wurts perk to keep fish alive longer and tin fish bin refreshing them.

-Abigail will still attack any mobs that are aggro'd to wendy even when not riled up. This is useful for putting spiders on boats, and having abigail attack all the spiders without harming the nests.

-Wendy and maxwell are a great team for getting salt. Due to their familers (Abigail and shadow miners) being able to walk on water. So abigail can keep the cookie cutters away while maxwell's miners easily mine all the salt. Bring a lazy forager for easy pickings.

-Willow can use the bone helmet to easily and efficiently go insane to summon BERNIE! without worrying about being attacked by nightmares.
You can also use the nightmare amulet, but those dont last nearly as long as the bone helm, but you can get them sooner

Archived