What sling shot ammo do you use?

55 members have voted

1. 1. In general combat, what sling shot ammo do you commonly use?

• Pebbles
    • Gold Rounds
    • Marbles
    • Poop Pellets
    • Freeze Rounds
    • Slow-Down Rounds
    • Cursed Rounds
  2. 2. In boss fights, what sling shot ammo do you commonly use?

• Pebbles
    • Gold Rounds
    • Marbles
    • Poop Pellets
    • Freeze Rounds
    • Slow-Down Rounds
    • Cursed Rounds
  3. 3. Is there any sling shot ammo that you would argue is "not worth crafting"?

• Pebbles
    • Gold Rounds
    • Marbles
    • Poop Pellets
    • Freeze Rounds
    • Slow-Down Rounds
    • Cursed Rounds
    • No, I have found all types of sling shot ammo to be useful
  4. 4. What sling shot ammo do you find yourself crafting the most?

• Pebbles
    • Gold Rounds
    • Marbles
    • Poop Pellets
    • Freeze Rounds
    • Slow-Down Rounds
    • Cursed Rounds

I've never gotten to a point where I could comfortably craft Freeze/Slow-down/cursed rounds so forgive me on that one. I will say though that poop pellets kind of suck because they can't be used on single boss enemies, and any small enemy comes in groups so it's made redundant by group aggro, but they are great for easily stealing tallbird eggs 

Honestly I'd have to say Walter's overall best one would be freeze rounds if not for one point it's mainly a personal issue tbh and it's that I generally don't have a ton of spare ice gems till late game which for me means I'm playing solo but I feel the freeze rounds are best in team play since they easily interrupt boss attacks to the point of not allowing them to fight back in some cases.

I didn’t understand the poll choices- it’s misleading compared to thread name.

I just wanted to come here to answer the original thread title- my answer is Poop Pellets!

Why??? Because they can single out a single Beefalo from a horde and allow you to kill it discreetly somewhere away from its horde- Super Useful thing to have!

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I didn’t understand the poll choices- it’s misleading compared to thread name.

I just wanted to come here to answer the original thread title- my answer is Poop Pellets!

Why??? Because they can single out a single Beefalo from a horde and allow you to kill it discreetly somewhere away from its horde- Super Useful thing to have!

Question 1 - "What sling shot ammo do you use" in general combat.

Question 2 - "What sling shot ammo do you use" in bosses.

Question 3 - "What sling shot ammo do you - NOT - use" 

Question 4 - What sling shot ammo do you use most often?

....READ

51 minutes ago, Squirrel12 said:

Question 1 - "What sling shot ammo do you use" in general combat.

Question 2 - "What sling shot ammo do you use" in bosses.

Question 3 - "What sling shot ammo do you - NOT - use" 

Question 4 - What sling shot ammo do you use most often?

....READ

Misleading! Thread should read as- How do you use the different types of slingshot Ammo?

Not- What Slingshot ammo do you use? period. 

because my answer still firmly stands as Poop Pellets for Aggro’ing a single Beefalo out of its horde to kill.

I use my starting 10 rock slingshots to hunt down koalaphants, which I then turn into gold from PK and make the gold rounds. I do this until my marble trees start producing enough for me to comfortably switch to Marble Rounds.

Poop pellets are... okay if I’m not with a group of people. Most threats in the game are either one swole boy, in which my teammates are probably dragging all the aggro by being in melee range, or a group of tiny boys, where the slingshot is kinda useless because they will keep reaggroing on you regardless.

Freeze Rounds are niche, and I’d rather spend the blue gem on an ice staff. Same with slow-down rounds and the purple gem, though I guess the slow-down rounds are more useful when the surplus of purple gems comes in.

Cursed rounds do Marble round damage, but the tentacle is unlikely to do anything since you’re at range and the mob is moving towards you. I’d say it’s usefulness lies within the ability for other to make a boss stand still, but nonetheless, these rounds can not be prototypes which is their major offset.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

because my answer still firmly stands as Poop Pellets for Aggro’ing a single Beefalo out of its horde to kill.

I never actually tried to kill a beefalo since i found that monster meat seems easier to get. Maybe i could try these poop pellets  :)

:spidercowers:

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Misleading! Thread should read as- How do you use the different types of slingshot Ammo?

Not- What Slingshot ammo do you use? period. 

Do you ever get tired of drawing in endless confused reacts?

14 minutes ago, Squirrel12 said:

No, because I have my legion of followers who respond to my posts with confused reacts regardless of how good or bad said posts actually are.. and all I’ve got to say to that is Haters gonna hate. 

If you guys don’t like poop pellets that’s fine by me, I’m just expressing my love for their use in drawing 1 single Beefalo away from an entire angry horde

(Aka Beefalo mating Season)

How you get this trick to work is you have to shoot DIFFERENT Beefalo... drawing and losing their Aggro until only one is chasing.

This Would be super SUPER useful in an Uncompromising mode where you actually need to KILL the Beefalo to obtain its wools rather than just shave its wool off its back.

But go ahead and hit this post up with a confused react too, won’t bother me any.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

No, because I have my legion of followers who respond to my posts with confused reacts regardless of how good or bad said posts actually are.. and all I’ve got to say to that is Haters gonna hate. 

If you guys don’t like poop pellets that’s fine by me, I’m just expressing my love for their use in drawing 1 single Beefalo away from an entire angry horde

(Aka Beefalo mating Season)

How you get this trick to work is you have to shoot DIFFERENT Beefalo... drawing and losing their Aggro until only one is chasing.

This Would be super SUPER useful in an Uncompromising mode where you actually need to KILL the Beefalo to obtain its wools rather than just shave its wool off its back.

But go ahead and hit this post up with a confused react too, won’t bother me any.

Cool...Well then under what "What sling shot ammo do you find yourself crafting the most?" you can put down poop pellets.

Pebbles, for aggro, but besides that, nothing really...

Gold Rounds, decent damage and cheap.

Marble Rounds, great damage, but you need Marble.

Poop Pellets, separating Beefalo from the herd and deaggroing Tallbirds for eggs.

Slow Down Rounds, slowing down enemies, duh...

Ice Pellets, easy cheezing with Crab King, and utility with Ice Staff bu cheaper.

Cursed Rounds, basically better Marble Rounds but for slower enemies and are more expensive.

57 minutes ago, Squirrel12 said:

He is forum warrior-ing. What he actually says doesn't matter, DST itself doesn't matter. It's all about that green number by his name. The ultimate meta.

Archived