Jump to content

DST skins in DS?


Recommended Posts

Hey so... I was wondering, would it be possible to have DST skins for items and stuff available in solo? For example, I'd like to use the Pirate Birdcage skin in Shipwrecked or use the Victorian Icebox skin in Hamlet. As long as someone has the item skins in DST, it can be used in DS. I'd really like to  use my skins in the DLC pls! I know there's a Shipwrecked and Hamlet themed mod in DST but it's not the same... So what are your thoughts Klei Devs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Fierystar88 said:

I would love for them to do this. Sadly I don't see it happening. They don't really update DS anymore. It's a shame cuz I would love these character reworks and skins for DS.

I disagree, they DO still update solo DS.. in fact they updated it just yesterday- Adding a QoL patch that added things like tameable Beefalo, fences & doors.

Along with this Wagstaff who until yesterday, has never been available on Xbox One.

All of this was released alongside the DLC Hamlet, which was ALSO just released yesterday on Xbox One.

However.. I don’t really see skins ever coming to DS Solo, Which is why I would prefer it if they just made the DLC Expansions I’ve bought compatible with DST.. Even if they have to limit it to down to just TWO or Three Players for the other expansions- I would still love to be able to enjoy the Hamlet expansion I just bought without having to choose between playing with Friends.. or playing my new DLC.

And to top ALL that off there’s already a Mod that lets you do it on PC.. it’s only us Console players who are missing out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I disagree, they DO still update solo DS.. in fact they updated it just yesterday- Adding a QoL patch that added things like tameable Beefalo, fences & doors.

Along with this Wagstaff who until yesterday, has never been available on Xbox One.

All of this was released alongside the DLC Hamlet, which was ALSO just released yesterday on Xbox One.

However.. I don’t really see skins ever coming to DS Solo, Which is why I would prefer it if they just made the DLC Expansions I’ve bought compatible with DST.. Even if they have to limit it to down to just TWO or Three Players for the other expansions- I would still love to be able to enjoy the Hamlet expansion I just bought without having to choose between playing with Friends.. or playing my new DLC.

And to top ALL that off there’s already a Mod that lets you do it on PC.. it’s only us Console players who are missing out.

The free update that Xbox got was the QoL update that PC got in January 2019. Hamlet was released in May 2019 on PC. Console is now finally getting Hamlet after a year. The last DS update was an update for Hamlet mainly for bug fixes.

I could see Klei doing another DLC for DS. However it seems it would be low priority over DST.

I mostly play on PS4 but I did play the Hamlet beta on PC. I waited so long to finally be able to play Hamlet on console. 

Personally I just want character reworks for DS. The new Wendy is amazing and its hard to go back to old Wendy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly what the game needs is some of DST's OPTIMIZATION.
I'd love to go back to it more than I do, but the performance and amount of time it takes to generate or load a world is absolutely abysmal. I would like to experience the game just to see how different it is in contrast to DST, but it's not worth dealing with that for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

Honestly what the game needs is some of DST's OPTIMIZATION.
I'd love to go back to it more than I do, but the performance and amount of time it takes to generate or load a world is absolutely abysmal. I would like to experience the game just to see how different it is in contrast to DST, but it's not worth dealing with that for me

Technically, it’s the same game... it’s only the DLC packs Shipwrecked & Hamlet that are different.

(Minus the character reworks)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Technically, it’s the same game... it’s only the DLC packs Shipwrecked & Hamlet that are different.

(Minus the character reworks)

Yes but there's a lot of differences between the two besides that. Most notably differences in enemy HP and the presence of time skipping mechanics. And I'd still like to experience the DLC packs more. I just don't want to put up with the lack of optimization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Technically, it’s the same game... it’s only the DLC packs Shipwrecked & Hamlet that are different.

(Minus the character reworks)

Isnt the same game and , as i know, isnt the same code

There is a huge amount of mobs changes, mechanics and even the world gen itself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably biggest reason I for one stopped playing DS is lack of skins - am tired to run literally in-game years in same outfit. Yeah, call me a sucker for fashion, and proud of it :encouragement:

I would love if Wardrobe would be added to DS as a link to one's DST skins library to make use of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I disagree, they DO still update solo DS.. in fact they updated it just yesterday- Adding a QoL patch that added things like tameable Beefalo, fences & doors.

Along with this Wagstaff who until yesterday, has never been available on Xbox One.

All of this was released alongside the DLC Hamlet, which was ALSO just released yesterday on Xbox One.

However.. I don’t really see skins ever coming to DS Solo, Which is why I would prefer it if they just made the DLC Expansions I’ve bought compatible with DST.. Even if they have to limit it to down to just TWO or Three Players for the other expansions- I would still love to be able to enjoy the Hamlet expansion I just bought without having to choose between playing with Friends.. or playing my new DLC.

And to top ALL that off there’s already a Mod that lets you do it on PC.. it’s only us Console players who are missing out.

According to a recent Steam forums post, the porting was done by a partner with Klei. In fact, DS was finished with the release of RoG. SW was made by a separate group working with Klei, and Hamlet was a "oh we should make this for fun!" thing. Any DS is confirmed completed, and anything DS gets in the future is more of Klei just one day thinking "hey let's do this!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Probably biggest reason I for one stopped playing DS is lack of skins - am tired to run literally in-game years in same outfit. Yeah, call me a sucker for fashion, and proud of it :encouragement:

I would love if Wardrobe would be added to DS as a link to one's DST skins library to make use of.

for me the turn-off of DS is how controls and some mechanics just act different because they were never updated to act like DST. Like attack cancel and stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...