Is Pearl's Pearl renewable?

I have managed to defeat crabking high on pearl's pearl and got cracked pearl back. I then proceeded to return cracked pearl to have it "repaired" and given back to me by the time crabking respawns. However, now 20 days have passed and crab king respawned, I have repeated several tasks in order to get another pearl but only got bundle of thanks. I have also checked the code in hermitcrab.lua and there doesn't seem to be any mention of pearl's pearl being obtainable once you got it once.

Was anyone able to get more than 1 pearl's pearl in the same world?

Nope. Pearl's Pearl is one of those irreplaceable items. And yeah, her code explicitly checks if there is a pearl or broken pearl in the world and won't give you another if there is.

Besides, there isn't really a point in fighting the Pearl-empowered Crab King more than once, cause the Celestrial Tribute is also meant to be one of a kind.

You can fight CrabKing again without the pearl, just load him up with gems.  You'll get the same loot except for the tribute, of which only 1 is needed.

1 minute ago, --- -.- said:

i wish we could have keep it as a trophy

Just don't give it back to her? lol

8 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

i didnt fight crabking so i thought you need to give pearl back. if you can keep it and dont miss out on anything important then thats good i will keep it for myself and pearls never getting her pearl back.

9 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

her code explicitly checks if there is a pearl or broken pearl in the world and won't give you another if there is.

It doesn't seem hermit crab knows about other pearls in the world, only if she had already given it once. Like, if you spawned a thousand pearls by console before you are ready to get one legitimately, you'd still get it from hermit crab. Same applies to cracked pearls, you can spawn them by console and give all of them to hermit crab.

On the side note, being irreplaceable doesn't mean there can't be more than one instance of a prefab in the same world. You can get more if there are ways for that, but you can't destroy those that already exist.

13 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Besides, there isn't really a point in fighting the Pearl-empowered Crab King more than once, cause the Celestrial Tribute is also meant to be one of a kind.

How do you know it's supposed to be one of a kind? I was hoping to get multiple celestial tributes for decorative purposes. Very sad if it's intended to be like that.

44 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

You can fight CrabKing again without the pearl, just load him up with gems.  You'll get the same loot except for the tribute, of which only 1 is needed.

Actually you can fight crab king with no gems at all, using like 15 grass and a flingo

48 minutes ago, TopNoob said:

Actually you can fight crab king with no gems at all,

No? You have to slot up the crab king up with gems in order to begin the fight, unless i'm misunderstanding something here.

Its as simple as it sounds - put a flingo on your boat, stack up grass next to crabking and light it up.  When the flingo puts it out it will freeze him,a nd kick start his aggro mode even if he isn't gemmed up.

You get full loot for the fight, and I"m assuming you could slot with only Pearl's Pearl you'd still get the cracked pearl and celestial tribute, but I only faught him really quick with no gems to test before I head back to work.

Thx a bunch @TopNoob

Just now, Shosuko said:

Its as simple as it sounds - put a flingo on your boat, stack up grass next to crabking and light it up.  When the flingo puts it out it will freeze him,a nd kick start his aggro mode even if he isn't gemmed up.

You get full loot for the fight, and I"m assuming you could slot with only Pearl's Pearl you'd still get the cracked pearl and celestial tribute, but I only faught him really quick with no gems to test before I head back to work.

Thx a bunch @TopNoob

Wow, that's very interesting. Thanks for telling us this.

*When given the cracked pearl*

"Well it's a good thing I always kept a spare one on me."

*Message in a bottle*

"I still have the last gift you gave me. 'A pearl for Pearl for a pearl for Pearl for a pearl for Pearl' ... wait, what?"

- Pearl

Archived